Antelope 113

smitty

Very Active Member
My 13 yr old and I both drew this tag. I'm planning on hunting for a few days with my bow to scout the area and learn the roads.

My question is, from those that have hunted the area, is it better later in the season or on the opener?

We usually try and go later to avoid the crowds.

Probably going to stay at the motel in Edgerton.

Thanks in advance.

Later the better- the opening is a Wild West show shoot 'up from what I learned when researching this unit. Also access can be a problem too. A big area of BLM is tough access I was told by Area G/F personnel & be prepared to WALK a lot. But the plus is there are some good bucks that CAN appear after the opening 4-5 days. Good luck !
A tough area -- not an easy score there. Jerry Gold in Ft Collins, Colorado ??

That unit the last few years has been far busier later in the season than earlier. 113 has both a type 1 and type 2 tag, the type 2 opens on October 11th. And most of the other surrounding units open up on the 15th plus deer and elk. So I seem to notice more guys hunting a bit later - think they use this unit for their extra tag while either deer or elk hunting the surrounding areas since it used to be an easy draw.

The other big issue about going late can be weather, you will likely run into snow and or rain later on. And like mentioned, be prepared to make some long walks into the public land, access is pretty tough most of the unit but it does hold plenty of animals.

That unit the last few years has been far busier later in the season than earlier. 113 has both a type 1 and type 2 tag, the type 2 opens on October 11th. And most of the other surrounding units open up on the 15th plus deer and elk. So I seem to notice more guys hunting a bit later - think they use this unit for their extra tag while either deer or elk hunting the surrounding areas since it used to be an easy draw.

The other big issue about going late can be weather, you will likely run into snow and or rain later on. And like mentioned, be prepared to make some long walks into the public land, access is pretty tough most of the unit but it does hold plenty of animals.

Thanks for the info. I’ll plan on getting there the 2nd weekend I guess.
I picked this unit because of the walking. I’m hoping a couple nice bucks get pushed away from the roads and we can sneak in on em.

Thanks for the info. I’ll plan on getting there the 2nd weekend I guess.
I picked this unit because of the walking. I’m hoping a couple nice bucks get pushed away from the roads and we can sneak in on em.
Good idea ! Best of Luck Hunting ! Wise choice there ! Jerry Gold in Ft Collins, Colorado

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom