Antelope doe decoys- When to use??

T

Traxion

I just made a pair on antelope decoys, a buck and a doe. I have read up on the use of buck decoys, but when is a good time to deploy the doe decoy?? Should I use it with the buck, or should I try to get close to the harem with the doe and try to get the buck to come round her up?? Any other tips or ideas?? Thanks

Only 15 days till I get to hunt!!!!!!!

Eric

My advice would be the best time to use a decoy is when you find a herd with a buck thats chasing of another one alot..and get as close as possible. sometimes the buck will chase another one off for a few hundred yards and then run back to the herd and thats a good time to pop up your decoy. I had bad luck using a decoy on loner bucks,mabe they been chased to much.. I have never killed one with a decoy but had fun trying..I have killed 5 AZ antelope 4 with a bow.. my favorite way to bow hunt them is to get as close as i can to the herd,and if the bucks are in rut alot of times they will be chasing does all around the herd and back..so if you dog them all day eventually he may run right by you.. what unit u got? no antelope hunting for me this year..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom