Antelope hunting within city limits

KILOWATTjake

So yesterday I was fortunate enough to get out and fling some arrows near my house here in Roswell. While I was practicing, the local antelope groups (somewhat tame I might say) would come and go and continued on with my business. I soon came to realize a pickup truck following and waiting for the perfect moment to drive up on a really nice buck to possibly get a shot. Not to mention the people out there walking the dog, bow practicing, or hitting some golf balls. Whether its legal or not, do you think this is ethical as a hunter or am I just overthinking this? I was also the lucky recipient to witness a buck taken in January (unit 32) with a rifle and the hunter had the balls to leave a note on our truck reading "tagged out". I'm tired of seeing this kind of bs.

I think you are overthinking it. Those animals surely were surveyed and taken into consideration when the quota was set.

Not sure what they were using to hunt, but I know for sure they were chasing a nice buck and wearing camo. They should have dressed in exercise clothing to match the surroundings and maybe have a better shot.

If you use a compound how can you question someone’s ethics?? Compounds shouldn’t be allowed during archery season. They are like crossbows!!!

No what I’m saying is if they use compounds they are not archers.
Well I guess I've been mistaken this whole time applying for archery hunts, when I'm actually not an archer in your eyes. Same goes for handicap hunters who can use a crossbow in NM. We're all just a bunch of wannabe archers.

Well I guess I've been mistaken this whole time applying for archery hunts, when I'm actually not an archer in your eyes. Same goes for handicap hunters who can use a crossbow in NM. We're all just a bunch of wannabe archers.
Exactly. Compounds are unethical.

See what I did there?

No, I don't see anything that you did other than sounding like an idiot. But thats your opinion. I'll stick to my compound and my ethical views of hunting.
So you don’t like people pushing their ethics on you but you want to spout off your ethics on others. ?

So you don’t like people pushing their ethics on you but you want to spout off your ethics on others. ?
So this year when hunters start posting pictures of their harvests holding a compound with a giant smile on their face, I would love to see you jump in the thread to let them know how unethical of a hunter they are. Or will you just lurk in the shadows with the look of disgust in your face with all these wannabes. Go ahead, I'll be watchin.

So this year when hunters start posting pictures of their harvests holding a compound with a giant smile on their face, I would love to see you jump in the thread to let them know how unethical of a hunter they are. Or will you just lurk in the shadows with the look of disgust in your face with all these wannabes. Go ahead, I'll be watchin.

I didn’t know you linemen were so sensitive. Is it because you don’t actually understand AC theory? You know that kid that was babied by his mom and told he was special? Those kids grow up and become linemen. that’s why linemen are the biggest cry babies out there.

You’re the one that showed up crying about the way people hunt. I was just showing you it’s perspective. Believe it or not there’s a lot of people that think the way you hunt isn’t ethical. And even though you’re just a knuckle dragger lineman that doesn’t make it right.

I didn’t know you linemen were so sensitive. Is it because you don’t actually understand AC theory? You know that kid that was babied by his mom and told he was special? Those kids grow up and become linemen. that’s why linemen are the biggest cry babies out there.

You’re the one that showed up crying about the way people hunt. I was just showing you it’s perspective. Believe it or not there’s a lot of people that think the way you hunt isn’t ethical. And even though you’re just a knuckle dragger lineman that doesn’t make it right.
So what's your profession sober? From the sound of it, maybe a hair dresser or possibly even a dog groomer. Guarantee it buddie, the way you sound on here, you couldn't last a day as a lineman. Its ok to have envy toward something you would never be able to handle. You know like that kid that was babied by his mom and was told he would never be able to have a man's job. Well, she was right.

So what's your profession sober? From the sound of it, maybe a hair dresser or possibly even a dog groomer. Guarantee it buddie, the way you sound on here, you couldn't last a day as a lineman. Its ok to have envy toward something you would never be able to handle. You know like that kid that was babied by his mom and was told he would never be able to have a man's job. Well, she was right.
I designed an adult diaper for linemen. Now I just live the easy life. I am working on an app that linemen can use to find their way home every night but for some reason it works well on monkeys but when we did a beta test with linemen it didn’t work so well. Guess it makes sense since monkeys are way smarter than a linemen. We would probably have monkeys do line work but in the colder states you would have to train new monkeys every spring which isn’t practical. They figured out it’s just cheaper to train some humans to do the work. So keep that in mind, global warming is going to have monkeys doing your job here real soon.

But is it ethical?

I designed an adult diaper for linemen. Now I just live the easy life. I am working on an app that linemen can use to find their way home every night but for some reason it works well on monkeys but when we did a beta test with linemen it didn’t work so well. Guess it makes sense since monkeys are way smarter than a linemen. We would probably have monkeys do line work but in the colder states you would have to train new monkeys every spring which isn’t practical. They figured out it’s just cheaper to train some humans to do the work. So keep that in mind, global warming is going to have monkeys doing your job here real soon.

But is it ethical?
Is that all you got? Thats pathetic. Afraid to say what your profession describes the p.o.s. you are. I've read your other posts and thats all your good at. Its OK little boy, get back to your funky monkey business you got going on. Sounds like them monkeys are running too many tests on your azz boy.

My take on the original question...
If it is legal to shoot a bow in city limits, and the city limits are included in an open unit, then....maybe. Not sure on your states regulations on "road hunting" though.

My take on the original question...
If it is legal to shoot a bow in city limits, and the city limits are included in an open unit, then....maybe. Not sure on your states regulations on "road hunting" though.
Shame on you!!! Ain’t that right @KILOWATTjake ! Can you believe this guy? Unethical punk!!!

I'm all about making sure things are legal and safe, but once we get past that and start arguing "who's ethics are superior"....well our society is going to hell in a hand basket right now for that very same reason.

If it's safe, and legal, then enough said.
Is that area a legal public archery range? I'd imagine there would be liability issues if it's public land within the city limits.
I wonder if it's ethical to practice shooting a deadly weapon within the city limits on property that isn't your own, outside and organized and sanctioned body....legal or not....

...see how slippery this can get...

If you're really unsure, and have a sincere desire to ensure all laws are being complied with then call the game warden on them and let the authorities figure it out...and when you do, be sure to tell them you witnessed the "possible" infraction while you were out shooting your bow in the same area, that way ALL parties will be educated on who's in the right.

I say don't overthink it, encourage personal freedom, live and let live. We need more personal liberty liberty in our lives anyhow.

I'm all about making sure things are legal and safe, but once we get past that and start arguing "who's ethics are superior"....well our society is going to hell in a hand basket right now for that very same reason.

If it's safe, and legal, then enough said.
Is that area a legal public archery range? I'd imagine there would be liability issues if it's public land within the city limits.
I wonder if it's ethical to practice shooting a deadly weapon within the city limits on property that isn't your own, outside and organized and sanctioned body....legal or not....

...see how slippery this can get...

If you're really unsure, and have a sincere desire to ensure all laws are being complied with then call the game warden on them and let the authorities figure it out...and when you do, be sure to tell them you witnessed the "possible" infraction while you were out shooting your bow in the same area, that way ALL parties will be educated on who's in the right.

I say don't overthink it, encourage personal freedom, live and let live. We need more personal liberty liberty in our lives anyhow.
Hey gamer, I totally understand your thoughts on this matter and respect it very much. This specific archery range is within city limits and is also a designated archery range within 1/4 mile of the NMDGF. The way I grew up hunting and the way I was taught, is not the way I would personally pursue an animal, but thats just my personal opinion.

Im ready to beat this slightly sober dudes ass for you Kilowatt . Never heard a more childish take , the keyboard warrior . Take your troll ass and gtfo bro nobody got time your snowflake ass

Hey gamer, I totally understand your thoughts on this matter and respect it very much. This specific archery range is within city limits and is also a designated archery range within 1/4 mile of the NMDGF. The way I grew up hunting and the way I was taught, is not the way I would personally pursue an animal, but thats just my personal opinion.
I'm glad you took it as I intended it.
I fancy myself as a "peacemaker", of sorts, and I definitely don't want to fan the flames of a situation that's already a bit out of hand.
Personally, I hate the written word for this sort of thing, so much human communication is transmitted via non-verbal queues, it's kinda hard to tell when someone is trying to send a "tongue in cheek" response, as opposed to being directly confrontational.
I'd like to think we're all sort of on the same team, and if we're asking a question publicly, we'd just like to get sincere responses, without being "flamed" but sometimes folks like to be "cute and pithy" and in their effort to make a quick point, they fail to be fully expressive and misunderstandings happen.
Good luck with your hunts this year and I hope you encounter nothing but courteous folks out there who give each other a wide berth.
Cheers

Kilowatt, First off let me say THANK YOU! for doing the job that you do. I have not posted on here for several years and only a few posts then but I could not stay quiet on this one. Its obvious from SoberDbags posts the he lives a very cushy city type life possibility in a nice condo building with a very expensive backup generator system. The reason I say this is anyone that has ever lived in a rural area fully understand the important job lineman do. I have personally seen them working nonstop at 3 in the morning -10 degree temperatures with 2+ inches of ice on EVERYTHING and not a single power pole standing for over 5 miles. The next afternoon we had power and heat back on and VERY thankful for it. If a monkey can do this I have a new found respect for monkeys. Lineman are some of the hardest working and among the most talented individuals I know and I know several of them. Comments like the ones from SoberDbag are what's wrong with this country. Everyone talking smack online with nothing to back it up. I don't know either Kilowatt or SoberDbag but I would still put my money on kilowatt stomping a mud hole into SoberDbags ass given the chance. And he would deserve every bit of it....that's all I got for a few more years

Im ready to beat this slightly sober dudes ass for you Kilowatt . Never heard a more childish take , the keyboard warrior . Take your troll ass and gtfo bro nobody got time your snowflake ass
Didn’t your momma teach you not to write checks you can’t cash?

Kilowatt, First off let me say THANK YOU! for doing the job that you do. I have not posted on here for several years and only a few posts then but I could not stay quiet on this one. Its obvious from SoberDbags posts the he lives a very cushy city type life possibility in a nice condo building with a very expensive backup generator system. The reason I say this is anyone that has ever lived in a rural area fully understand the important job lineman do. I have personally seen them working nonstop at 3 in the morning -10 degree temperatures with 2+ inches of ice on EVERYTHING and not a single power pole standing for over 5 miles. The next afternoon we had power and heat back on and VERY thankful for it. If a monkey can do this I have a new found respect for monkeys. Lineman are some of the hardest working and among the most talented individuals I know and I know several of them. Comments like the ones from SoberDbag are what's wrong with this country. Everyone talking smack online with nothing to back it up. I don't know either Kilowatt or SoberDbag but I would still put my money on kilowatt stomping a mud hole into SoberDbags ass given the chance. And he would deserve every bit of it....that's all I got for a few more years
Man this brought a tear to my eye. Why are you amazed they are working at 3am? It’s their job. Same can be said for the guy making your burrito at Taco Bell at 3am. It’s his job!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom