Antelope Island deer tag donated.

fstop

I thought you guys and gals would like to see this. I've only known Mike for a few years and was blown away by his gift and to be asked if I wanted to participate. Because of Mike's generosity, Tyler is in for one heck of a good time. I'm not sure Tyler understood exactly what was going on for a good 10-15 minutes after getting the tag. It was fun to see his excitement as he figured out what was in store for him come November.

Political move maybe? But to give it to our wounded heroes… Awesome I hope he kills the biggest deer there. I’d love to help on this hunt

Wow!! $310K tag. Tyler is a lucky man. That one hunt is the money equivalent of a dozen world class $25K hunts. Tyler will enjoy the results of this hunt. I hope he got a turkey as well.

This was a very nice gesture with mike and hunts for the brave helping make this hunt happen for a veteran that well deserves it. I know there are some great people that donate highly coveted big game tags in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and Wyoming. Charity groups help sponsor these hunts. These groups usually help military veterans and disabled folks have the hunt of a lifetime!! Disabled Outdoorsman of Utah, Hunts for the Brave, as mentioned, and chairbound sportsman are all great non-profit charity organizations.

This was a very nice gesture with mike and hunts for the brave helping make this hunt happen for a veteran that well deserves it. I know there are some great people that donate highly coveted big game tags in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and Wyoming. Charity groups help sponsor these hunts. These groups usually help military veterans and disabled folks have the hunt of a lifetime!! Disabled Outdoorsman of Utah, Hunts for the Brave, as mentioned, and chairbound sportsman are all great non-profit charity organizations.

The PPP money Mike took, more than paid for it.

Glad the tags going to a deserving vet, but Castle Creek Homes and the tax payers who pay the PPP are more than footing the bill on this once again as always. Not to mention the state permit cannabis contracts rewarded to mr Schulz and his brother
Anybody Know If Doyle Has Made Contact Yet?
Doyle has it in his camera lens allegedly.

5018115B-DEA3-4013-9859-68B434CA1B3D.jpeg

An incredible move by Mr. Shulz for sure and I applaud him for helping someone deserving.
I have been on the receiving end of a similar gesture. It was big to me but not near as big as an AI tag. I am also way less deserving than Tyler but I will forever be grateful for my kind generous friend. I'm sure Tyler will feel the same way about Mike.

I echo Wapitiwilly concerning those jealous souls who seem so wrapped up in their own negative thoughts that they can't recognize a kind act...even when it's obvious to everyone else!

Last edited:
An incredible move by Mr. Shulz for sure and I applaud him for helping someone deserving.
I have been on the receiving end of a similar gesture. It was big to me but not near as big as an AI tag. I am also way less deserving than Tyler but I will forever be grateful for my kind generous friend. I'm sure Tyler will feel the same way about Mike.

I echo Wapitiwilly concerning those jealous souls who seem so wrapped up in their own negative thoughts that they can't see a kind act...even when it's obvious to everyone else!

I'll say this, and that's it.

The same media you all decry, be it CNN, or Fox, happens local.

Assume local guys in areas where these stories hit, know more than they let on.

The backstory, is always the best story.

But, like I said, it went to the right guy, so in the end, that matters.

Don’t assume anything Hoss. Assumptions and speculations are BS.
I hadn’t heard about the PPP. In my mind it’s not part of the story. What I do know is Mike had no intention of even bidding on the tag until it started. He told me something struck him midway through the bid and he decided to go for it. Once he won the tag, which he told me he didn’t expect to win, he knew he didn’t want to hunt the tag. He then started thinking of ways to donate it. Mike decided he wanted to find a Utah vet who had served his country well. Someone who needed a lift up in life. He didn’t know Tyler . Tyler is simply a vet who served four tours and as far as I know was nominated by a mutual acquaintance.
Mike also purchased a L.E. Elk tag this year and is donating it to another community hero. In fact, he’s been reaching out to other well off friends to do exactly what he did with the AI tag. I honestly think he was tired of seeing one of Utah’s most coveted tags go to someone from out of state and had the means himself to do something about it. I don’t believe he did it with publicity in mind. If he had he should have called me before he bid on the tag. I might have had other ideas on a way to spend 300K. I heard about it through some friends of ours and asked if I could report it.
I believe he did it because he’s a good dude. That’s my take on it as I’ve seen it with my own eyes and ears.
Adam Eakle

Last edited:
Some of you guys would still find something to complain about even if you were given the AI tag, and had a bunch of nude playmates guiding you. Sure, he’ll get some positive publicity off of this, but he just gave a very deserving vet an opportunity of a lifetime.

PPP money has nothing to do with it. If you own a business and didn’t apply for PPP money you’re a dumbass. No way around it..
I missed it. Too busy working. Missed the opportunity. Apparently I’m a dumb ass with no way around it.

Maybe if I got after that government tit a little harder I wouldn’t be such a dumb ass. Gotta remember to beg more aggressively next time like people who aren’t dumb asses.

I missed it. Too busy working. Missed the opportunity. Apparently I’m a dumb ass with no way around it.

Maybe if I got after that government tit a little harder I wouldn’t be such a dumb ass. Gotta remember to beg more aggressively next time like people who aren’t dumb asses.
lol....I know the feeling

You sure have a lot of excuses. And at your age? ?

Cant help but think Tyler would have been better off if Mike had bought him a small house, and taken him on a 10 day general hunt, camping in a wall tent.
While I do get this post and would agree a house would be an amazing gift... you're thinking about it wrong, or at least, out of order.

Its like this -A very rich individual donates $310,000 to the DWR. In return, he receives a desirable deer tag. He then also donates that tag to someone nominated by a wounded vet group who will appreciate it for what its worth...

You just have to appreciate it for what it is... and not what it could have been if things were different. ??

Tyler is like many other men who chose to join the armed forces. There are many reasons for doing so, love of county is one, and a career being another. While serving 4 tours he earned a Purple Heart and many other awards and decorations.
When Mike Schultz reached out to Hunts for the Brave to help him find a recipient his exact words were “ Let’s find a local guy who went out and served his county honorably, then came home and is now dealing with ****. Let’s make his day.” That describes Tyler and many other veterans perfectly. Hunts for the Braves main goal is to provide experiences in the outdoors to help veterans, first responders, and others who sacrifice so much. Most of our hunts are donated to us and take place on CWMUs and other private lands.
Mike shared with us how he hopes that other individuals who have the means to buy these conservation permits will follow his example and do the same by donating them. His donation is a win win situation. Conservation efforts benefit, and individuals who would never have the opportunity to obtain one of these permits wins as well. Mike also bought another conservation permit and donated it to another deserving recipient.

Adam Eakle and KSL outdoors was asked by Hunts for the Brave to be involved to help tell the story and hopefully inspire others to give back in similar fashion. We should all find ways to show our gratitude. We don’t all have the ability to donate expensive hunting permits but we can take the time to share our passion for the outdoors by taking someone hunting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom