Antelope Island tag brought $500,000

Wild, I honestly didn’t think it would ever break its $410,000 mark but people have money to spend.

Looking through some of the tags, it looks like a lot of things are going for pretty high.

And thank God!!!!

As we speak the island is getting improved. More mosquitos, more brine flies, more grass ??.

Thank the Lord $fw save the island??
They should find a way to use some of the money to get more water into the GSL so it remains an actual island lol.

And thank God!!!!

As we speak the island is getting improved. More mosquitos, more brine flies, more grass ??.

Thank the Lord $fw save the island??
Maybe they can finally allocate some funding for the poor hapless Coyote population out there so they can rival the brine flies and mosquitoes. Long over due is a high fence for the island with the drought, you’d hate to see a 220” buck wander off and get lost.

Looking through some of the tags, it looks like a lot of things are going for pretty high.

They should find a way to use some of the money to get more water into the GSL so it remains an actual island lol.
The DWR did a fantastic job with the wetlands this year. With limited water.

But, some of the bucks in town with island DNA are fun watching, so no water does have a plus

Maybe they can finally allocate some funding for the poor hapless Coyote population out there so they can rival the brine flies and mosquitoes. Long over due is a high fence for the island with the drought, you’d hate to see a 220” buck wander off and get lost.

Few of the younger bucks in town look like they have daddy's that Doyle has named.

I think it would be fun having bison run through the decoy spread, a fence takes the excitement out of it

Few of the younger bucks in town look like they have daddy's that Doyle has named.

I think it would be fun having bison run through the decoy spread, a fence takes the excitement out of it
Lol, that would be some excitement.. Hopefully we can get to the point that there some younger bucks that look like they have Daddy's that Wade and Keylime named.

There was actually another bid but it came in seconds after the close.They talked about it but
Baird said it was closed and no going back.

I've seen Jimmy "in his element" a few times at the WSF in Reno. If he wants it, ain't nobody gonna reach deeper into the pocket than he is willing to. haha.

Can't take it with You. Spend it what makes you happy. But leave your kids if enough to be comfortable.

You would think that they would start going every other year. Looks to me like 2 bucks per year isn’t keeping the quality. Eventually they will be shooting 190 bucks and then it will be blamed on everything but killing the top 2 bucks every year.

That’s the thing: they don’t kill the top 2 bucks on the island every year.

Ask WLH about trying to get a buck that wasn’t in an area that could be legally hunted that would have been the top buck that year. He was not killed that year due to being smart enough to stay where he was. It isn’t the only time it’s happened either.

And those bucks have had plenty of years to pass along those great genes in the mean time. I’m going to draw the tag and let your beetles eat on it!

This is my favorite ‘Swan Pond’ I hunt out past the SL International airport a few miles.
Guess what (used to be an island) is in the background?
That particular day four of the magnificent beasts decided to head to the mainland.

0C3CB367-65ED-4726-B7CD-A3B1E824FF62.jpeg

I've seen Jimmy "in his element" a few times at the WSF in Reno. If he wants it, ain't nobody gonna reach deeper into the pocket than he is willing to. haha.
Unless you are a "Findley".
$725k wasn't a struggle tonight for the AZ tag.

Last edited:
I’d be willing to donate $10.00 for a sammich just to help support JJ getting the AI tag next year as well. He deserves it. Just like he deserved to take the rogue outdoors bull down in Az a few years ago.

On it!

Edited to add that I found the picture, "Ewwww." May not be him. Still, ew....

Last edited:
If I were a billionaire I’d secretly bribe the guide to put the tag holder on giant buck but accidentally say aim at the dink on the left. Get the walk up to his 500K fork spike all on film.

If I were a billionaire I’d secretly bribe the guide to put the tag holder on giant buck but accidentally say aim at the dink on the left. Get the walk up to his 500K fork spike all on film.
That's hilarious a buddy and I were joking about just dumping a dink on antelope island and having someone film Doyles facial expression while it happened.

You’ve obviously never had firehouse subs

You got me there. Firehouse is better. Firehouse has my favorite sandwich on the planet.

I honestly don’t have Firehouse in the same class, but it probably should be. I just view Firehouse as a step up from a sandwich shop. Why? I don’t know…

You got me there. Firehouse is better. Firehouse has my favorite sandwich on the planet.

I honestly don’t have Firehouse in the same class, but it probably should be. I just view Firehouse as a step up from a sandwich shop. Why? I don’t know…
What’s your fav sandwich? I’m near a firehouse sub currently

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom