antelope mountair nm

nmelknut

48eeb31029f56877.jpg

48eeb2c227dd8977.jpg

got antelope 1st.thing saturday morning (7:30) first time to ever hunt antelope boy was it an experience. being assigned a ranch is totally different deal. I wish I could say ranch owner welcomed us, but not the case. regardless great time.

Nice Buck!! What ranch near Mountainaire? I hunted antelope near there 6 years ago and I didn't feel very welcomed either. Just curious. Again Congratulations!!!

MBBGH

LAST EDITED ON Oct-09-08 AT 08:51PM (MST)[p]WHY is it that these ranch owners are not friendly towards the hunters that have been assigned by the draws?? They must have agreed to the deal with F&G to allow hunters, so what's with the negativity towards the hunters?

Isn't there some way to complain to F&G on how the hunters are treated by ranch owners?

Brian P.S., sorry for the above rant. Congrats to you on the nice Buck Lope that you got and now you are another one that has the "gotcha" feeling and want to hunt them again.

ranch was south of mountainair, right next to Gran Quirva ruins. the land owner sent us north with some crappy map, just canyons and thick stuff,no open area. I guess he thought we couldnt read a map because after 5 hrs. of nothing we went south and there they were. friday evening sat morning total antelope was about 25 total.(9-10 bucks)the one I took seemed about average I know he was the 1st.one we saw that morning.really didnt know how to judge them. As we were leaving saw landowners son hunting up the road about a mile on way out guess he got tired of looking up north too

Congrats on the goat!

Seems this issue with landowners is common. F&G needs to look into the way hunters are treated.

Great antelope and congrats! My Northern ranch manager was nice, but had 6-paid hunters and 2-state draw hunters. Lets just say he did not put us in his best spot, but I got lucky and killed the biggest antelope on the hunt. My buddy missed 2 due to our not staying where he put us. G&F need to know and I filled out my hunt report, but we'll see if they read it!

This year my antelope hunt near Quemado was great. The land owner was very gracious when I talked to him on the phone as a courtesy call. I even ran into him while scouting and he was more than accomodating and a very nice guy. So not all ranchers are the same. However, when I hunted on the Shaw ranch near Mountainair 6 years ago, and like I stated before, didn't feel like I was welcomed to hunt the ranch. The A plus system definitely needs to be re-analyzed and changed IMO.

MBBGH

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom