Antelope Pics?

honkerdwn

Dont see a whole lot of goat pics in here. Anyone have any pictures of there Utah goats that they would like to share? I hopefully will draw a northern Utah tag this year.
Would like to see what others have taken.

thanks,
HD

Not Utah, Montana Archery
IMG_2043.JPG
IMG_2044.JPG

Dont see a whole lot of goat pics in here. Anyone have any pictures of there Utah goats that they would like to share? I hopefully will draw a northern Utah tag this year.

thanks,
HD

thanks,
HD
The first one is BC net 87 6/8
The second one nets BC 84 4/8

F1024601-0519-443A-B21B-64AD07606233.jpeg

D3E3D405-567F-47AE-9DCB-729465E76BD4.jpeg

A30C7F10-AAB8-4936-89CB-F0CD2C372E03.jpeg

EA4EF129-9FDE-4705-A7D9-4039D1E6400B.jpeg

4DA2CC66-93EF-4715-88F3-AF9B8B67E0A9.jpeg

I was going thru some old Kodak Photo cds the other day and came across this scanned image of an unusaul buck I killed on DIY hunt in NM in the 1980s. I was going to add it to my other mounted ones but wound up messing up the tanned cape because of improper storage. I think the horns are in a drawer somewhere in my workshop,

TMpronghornNM.jpg

If you
I was going thru some old Kodak Photo cds the other day and came across this scanned image of an unusaul buck I killed on DIY hunt in NM in the 1980s. I was going to add it to my other mounted ones but wound up messing up the tanned cape because of improper storage. I think the horns are in a drawer somewhere in my workshop,

View attachment 44120
If you still have the horns it would be problem to mount it with a new cape from a different pronghorn if you wanted to.

If you

If you still have the horns it would be problem to mount it with a new cape from a different pronghorn if you wanted to.
Yeah, I know. It just wasn't a pressing matter. I also ruined the cape of a CA blactail buck and the hides of a huge mt. lion, blackbuck, two bears & a javelina that were all slated to be lifesize mounts.

Live & learn -- DO NOT store tanned hides in black plastic trash bags for a long time if they aren't in the freezer.

Yeah, I know. It just wasn't a pressing matter. I also ruined the cape of a CA blactail buck and the hides of a huge mt. lion, blackbuck, two bears & a javelina that were all slated to be lifesize mounts.

Live & learn -- DO NOT store tanned hides in black plastic trash bags for a long time if they aren't in the freezer.
Ouch! Man that hurts!
Thats one of my worst nightmares as a taxidermist. I have around 12-14 freezers.

Ouch! Man that hurts!
Thats one of my worst nightmares as a taxidermist. I have around 12-14 freezers.
Tell me about it! :mad: And to top it off, I had the lion's head at a taxidermist for beetle cleaning. The business went belly up, so I got a wrapped frozen one returned to me. Months later when my freezer took a holiday, the head defrosted & I found out it wasn't the head from my lion but a much smaller one. I knew because mine had a missing molar; the small one had all the teeth.

This is my lion being embraced by Randy Epperson. The tanned hide measures just short of 9' from nose to tail tip.

lion.jpg

The lion hide on the coffee table, blackbuck hide on left end table, one lifesize bear hanging in the corner & the other covereing the chair ...

8496newertr1[1].jpg

All these pronghorn have me itching to hunt them bad, it always seems like I’m busy with hunts already during that time unfortunately. Maybe one year I will have to burn all my points in a bunch of states and go from one state to the next hunting goats !

Another one of those not so impressive from the front, but when it turns it’s head for a profile you are hurrying up to take the shot.
Congratulations on a nice buck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom