Antelope Point Creep

I have pretty much stayed out of this but haven't really noticed anyone mention anything about Wyo outfitters. From what I understand they guide quite a few nonres and have quite a bit of clout making decisions at the state level (guide in wilderness rule is a good example). Just thought I would toss that in!

I'm actually against changes to the current Wyo res/nonres quotas.

Decreasing nonres quotas not only severely impact WG&F funding but also have great impacts and implications to small town economies. With the Wyoming economy in turmoil it would be like shooting itself in the foot cutting funding at the state level and impacting communities in a detrimental way.

Colorado offers unlimited elk tags in the majority of units. Colorado also offers at least 20% of deer and antelope tags to nonres. Western Colorado communities actually strongly apposed legislation to decrease nonres tags because they are aware of the economic boost to their small town economies. There would likely be fewer guided hunters if nonres tags are cut. This would also add to the trickle down affect of small community economies.

The WG&F and overall Wyo economy would be negatively effected if nonres tags are decreased. With Wyo's weak economy I can't see anything changing in the near future.

On the bright side. The past 2 winters have been mild with fantastic spring moisture. Fawn recruitment has been extraordinary in most Wyo antelope units. More fawns mean more tags. Everyone seems to complain after tags are cut from severe winters, drought, and poor fawn recruitment. Keep your fingers crossed the trend of twin antelope continue. Things are looking up for more tags and less point creep!

>I think someone got their feelings
>hurt...

Nope. Just concerned for your safety. There's wild animals out there. You definitely need a babysitter to go with you.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom