antelope seasons

ridgerunner

Very Active Member
I'm new to looking into antelope hunting in New Mexico and had a pretty basic question.

Can someone tell me what the difference in the seasons is other than the dates? Are the August dates better than the September dates? Do each of the units only have one season or do some have an August hunt, then a September hunt or even an October hunt.

Thanks in advance.

depends on where your at...but I believe here in Southern NM the rut is in August. Other factors to consider are the rainy season, heat & dry weather.

I don't believe there is a difference in the season dates as far as hunting the antelope. They are all relatively easy to get after. The biggest problem is getting the tag. If you can bow hunt go that route, easier tag chances. The best antelope hunting will be in the north eastern part of the state. If you don't draw you can always buy a landowner tag. Good luck!

Ridge, this is the first year I'm drawing for ANT. What I done was call NMGF and talk with this wonderful lady who is the ANT person for the state, she is awesome. She helped me with my draw picks. I think her name is Julie, but I could be wrong. Anytime I had a question,I have call NMGF and everyone from the person that answers the phone to RJ Kirkpatrick has been extemely helpful. Myself being a NR I love hunting this State.

Joe

Joe,

You "drawing" or "applying?" The draw isn't for another couple months or so.

I drew that hunt in 2004......great hunt.

Eddie, is this a english forum or a hunting forum? Let's just try to help the other hunter's with his or her questions. Not debate whether I'm applying or drawing for a tag.

Joe

Joe,

You're right! These last three posts...two of which are mine, do nothing to give ridgerunner any revelevent info.

I'll keep it in mind to keep it relevent.

joe,

I agree totally. I love NM! Great state with some awesome people. I like their draw and management style. Oryx yet anyone?;-)

ridge,

Probably not a good guy to ask, but I would take anything I could get in regards to NM antelope. I personally would not worry about the dates.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom