antelope tag. unit #12

nmelknut

finally drew an antelope tag and its in unit 12.
I'm headed down this Sunday to scout around.
I worked in the area quite some time ago so I'm somewhat familiar with the area but have never hunted the area before.
any suggestions to a starting point or information on the unit would greatly be appreciated.

thank you.

Justin

It's a pretty tough hunt. They're out there though.

FB_IMG_1482324034150.jpg

72221003150742b1.jpg

Viper,
Hunt was good took a nice buck 2nd. Day
Take a gps. Found are way in from the st.johns side
Justin- Congratulations on a very good buck ! Did you score him or have it done ?
Always nice as a reference point for another hunt for a big antelope ! I love hunting for big really big antelope as in your area or in Catron or Socorro Counties. But landowners permits have gone out of sight price $$$ wise in recent years. Turned into a huge money extraction process , period. Enjoy hunting every year you possibly can !
Best of Luck ! Good Hunting ! Jerry Gold in Ft Collins, Co ??

Viper,
Hunt was good took a nice buck 2nd. Day
Take a gps. Found are way in from the st.johns side

Nice! I’ve hunted elk in 12 quite a bit so I’m familiar with the unit. I have seen goats fairly regularly in a few spots on those hunts so I at least have a plan on where to start. Went scouting on Tuesday and saw one lone buck and one lone doe in the area. This will be my first ever antelope tag

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom