Antelope unit 57 and 64 water hole access

bogart

I have 12 points and plan to use them this year. I am looking for a unit with decent water hole access. I am taking my 8 year old son along for his first western hunt. I am looking for a unit that water hole hunting would be good in. I like units 64 and 57 but don't know how well this tactic would work. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks

Are you wanting to archery hunt?

I've hunted both units and finding a waterhole to hunt with easy access is no problem at all.

I've hunted both and it wouldn't be hard on either.
57 has less water as a unit but there is water spread throughout it.
64 has more water in the north part of the unit as a whole. There are some big lakes in the south part of the unit but overall it is dryer in the south of 64.

Are you wanting to archery hunt?

I've hunted both units and finding a waterhole to hunt with easy access is no problem at all.
Which one in your opinion is easier to hunt water in. I'm taking my 8 year old son along so I'm going to be limited in how far I can walk to find water and hunt. Thanks for the help!

If you archery hunted either unit you'd likely not see another hunter and could easily pick a spot without competition. If you pick the right water hole (and there are many of them) and you weren't picky about the buck, you'd likely be done in less than 2 hrs. I had a tag in 2012 in a nearby unit and I shot the attached buck with my rifle at a waterhole. The other trail cam pict is from last year.

WY 2012.jpg

08300139.JPG

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom