Antelope unit 68

littlebighorn

Long Time Member
My son and I drew unit 68 this year. Given point creep, it could be my last antelope adventure. I hunted 68 many years ago, but I'm guessing things have changed quite a bit. We plan to look over lots of bucks to find some good ones. Right now we are scheduling our hunt later in September. I know it's a big unit, so any advice from those of you who know this area would be greatly appreciated. If you prefer to PM me, even better.

Go to wherever you found antelope in the past and they will be there. Things haven't changed that much over the years in 68.

Well it was over 30 years ago :oops:, so that's a long time for things to change! ?. And I found a nice buck right off the main highway and shot him opening morning, so we didn't stay long and look at much of the country.

Well it was over 30 years ago :oops:, so that's a long time for things to change! ?. And I found a nice buck right off the main highway and shot him opening morning, so we didn't stay long and look at much of the country.
I hunted that unit like 10 years ago. Great unit ! I spent 2 weeks there. I'll be glad to tell you exactly where I hunted & found good rutting bucks often. I killed an 81 4/8 net B/C there, misjudged the mass, my error. If you are interested, I'll get my maps out & zero you in where I found the best area not far from Muddy Gap Junction. But I hunted reconned all over that area for those 2 weeks. There are other good areas, like Agate Flats as I recall. Lots of small hidden areas to check out in the hills. Good genetics there. Just let me know. I only drew that area 1 time. ??
Jerry Gold- Ft Collins, Colorado ? 307-772-1623 cell E Mail: [email protected]

My son and I also drew 68 this year. Due to scheduling, looks like we'll hunt on or around the opener. Be happy to share any info we pick up along the way.
Wondering if hunter crowding is much of an issue on the opener?

My son and I also drew 68 this year. Due to scheduling, looks like we'll hunt on or around the opener. Be happy to share any info we pick up along the way.
Wondering if hunter crowding is much of an issue on the opener?
500 tags this year, correct? With the opener on a Sunday and the additional tags, I would expect it to be pretty busy with respect to normal Wyoming antelope hunting....

Thanks. Figured that might be the case.
I am sure there will still be plenty of room for everyone, but I am also sure you will see others driving around on opening day. It won't be like later in the season when you might not run into another sole. You have 500 buck hunters and 500 square miles of public land. How many will hunt opening day? 25%? If so, you get 4 square miles to yourself!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom