antelope WY unit 25

BigPig

Very Active Member
I'm hunting a friend of a friend's ranch in unit 25 for goats this year. What is a good standard to set? 13"? 14"? I'd just like a little guidance from someone who has hunted in the area.

Big: I hunted 22 a few years back and if 25 is close I will let you know what I found out from hunting there and further south the next year. I dont have the regs so if you want to see how close the area's are to each other thend send me a note if you want my experiences up there Thanks, Allen Taylor......

Big: At least what I was told and saw, there isnt the genetics up where I hunted. A 14" goat with decent mass is a good goat around Buffalo according to the biologist, game warden and some of the ranchers I spoke with before going. I know some wise cracker will probably type different stuff but as far as I saw and the people I spoke with, dont expect to pick amongst alot of big goats. I feel real fortunate with the 15" 72" buck I got since I went up there blind. I personally would look a few over and plan on a decent mature buck with a real outside chance at a B&C buck maybe on a trespass ranch........Allen Taylor......

Thanks Bura I'm on a good ranch so I should have plenty to look over. My buddy has 2 over 80" off this ranch so I know they are there. I have never taken an antelope before so I won't be too picky but I would like a mature animal. Do you (or anyone else)know of any good articles I could read about field judging antelope?

Eastman's has a good tape, I think its called Trophy Antelope and its a good one to watch a couple times. It goes over how to field judge etc and is a fun tape to watch. I think antelope are really one of the hardest to field judge.....Allen Taylor......

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom