Antelope

T

TheMan

I drew a second season antelope tag for the Plateau as a NR. I have ordered the maps but does anyone on here have any advice on where to start?

Uhh.. Sagebrush? If they are not there then watch for them running along side your truck as you drive..

They are every where along the Northwestern boundry. The Fish & Game has moved quite a few but there must be plenty left because they have high tag numbers for the unit still. Two years ago there were numerous bucks around the 14" range, +or-.
Find the water, find the goats.

no worries - they are everywhere up there - like ants. you should have more than enough to look at before you find the one you want to harvest. good luck and congrats on a fun tag. chris.

Dido on what everyone else has said. My wife drew that unit last year and was able to connect on a nice 14 inch buck. We attemted nearly 14 stalks on the first day before we were able to close the gape enough for her to take a shoot. If you don't see any while driving arround get up on one of the higher rolling hills to do a little glassing. Should be able to find one without to much trouble. If you need more info shot me a message and I'll let you know where we were at.

Good Luck

400bull

Just start crusing the dirt roads on the unit. We just got back from that unit from my wifes hunt. She shot a decent buck a half hour before sunset. But we stalked bucks all day. There are not as many animals as in years previouse that I have hunted it, but there are still alont of animals on the unit. Good luck and let us know what happens.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID8/2817.html

DeadI/Jared
DeadI-3.gif

I agree with Vertical, there is an old rock pit out on the NW corner of the Plateau, we seen piles of goats down there a couple years back. Some of them were very nice goats.

Good luck

Thanks for all of the tips. Will be heading out Sunday here in Maine for a moose hunt, then off to WY for an antelope hunt before arriving in UT. Not trophy hunting this year just having the time of my life for 4-5 weeks. (After UT its back to WY for elk and deer)Too bad I get back east just as our deer season opens.

Wow!
Sounds like you have this year planned out perfectly!
Good luck on all your hunts!
Make sure you come back and share the stories/photos!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom