Antelope ?

Obviously early you have a bit better choice of bucks before they get cherry picked. Later in the season has the advantage of hardly anyone else in the field. Also, some units open so early that they open before the rut really starts kicking in. Late in the season the antelope start grouping up into large herds. They are sometimes tougher to stalk in big groups but some bucks may suddenly appear from remote locations and you may be able to pick and choose with bucks side-by-side. If there is much snow it can make it tougher access later in the season. If it's wet early access can also be tough due to gumbo mud!

Would you rather hunt early or later in the season?

Unless you have plenty of time prior to the season to scout, I'd say later just from a hunt quality standpoint if nothing else. That also depends on where you're hunting (how many total tags, what access you have, etc.).

Its about a 50-50 split on the B&C bucks my wife and I have shot, either opening day or the last half of the season.

Really not a wrong answer or a bad time to hunt pronghorn, IMO/E.

For us it's usually right when Wyoming deer season starts. Not because we have deer tags that's just when it works out. Sadly not this year though, we struck out in Wyoming this year.

I agree with buzz never a wrong time, I say start in August with the stick flipper and hunt as much as you can until the season closes, never personally killed a booner though lol my kid has 2 to his name both archery spot and stalk, showing me up ?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom