Anti-hunting legislation goes down to defeat

CAelknuts

SB1175, the Iconic African Species Protection Act, died last night as the legislative session ended before the author could get it passed through both the senate and assembly. There was strong Democrat support, and total Republican opposition. They simply ran out of time for this legislative session.

This bill was ultimately about much more than African game. The criteria would have been ‘Iconic’, rather than scientific. It would have started with African wildlife but eventually expanded to other iconic species like elk, bighorn sheep and eventually, mallard ducks.

I expect the bill to rear its ugly head in a future legislative session, but at least for the near term foreseeable future, it is dead.

Thats good news. The other bill everyone needs to keep their eyes on when they come back in session is the newer version of AB3030. If they get that one through it could have major impacts.

Thank God.
I was extremely concerned about this being the camel's nose in the tent.
I dont doubt that it will be reintroduced at some time.
With Newsom as governor, anything is possible.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom