Antimony, UT #2

Go up to Fish lake ! Much cooler ! Maybe I will see you up on high ! My boat is in the water at the Bowery Haven .

Otter Creek is producing some nice fish. A couple 7lbs caught lately. It's hit and miss. you can slay them one day, do the same thing a few days later and it's slow. Piute has actually been decent lately. The water is dropping fast though.

The mountain to the north . Just above Koosharem to the east. They also rent boats there and have a diner to eat. Which is take out now because of COVID 19.

It is a natural lake at 8800 feet. We catch lake trout and Kokanee salmon. Here is my niece holding a Kok.

5418EA39-9EF4-488A-BE3A-9FD7144035AF.jpeg

Go up to Fish lake ! Much cooler ! Maybe I will see you up on high ! My boat is in the water at the Bowery Haven .
Hey John have you been fishing/hanging out much with Larry this summer? I plan on taking my boys up next week to fish Mill Meadow or Forsyth (no boat just black lives fishing/is that politically correct?) We will probably stay a couple days. Are you going to be up there then?

Hey John have you been fishing/hanging out much with Larry this summer? I plan on taking my boys up next week to fish Mill Meadow or Forsyth (no boat just black lives fishing/is that politically correct?) We will probably stay a couple days. Are you going to be up there then?
Yes Larry has his trailer at the Bowery haven Rv hook up area toward the top of the hill. I think he has a sign in the front of the space. The old Southern Utah guides and outfitters trailer is parked out front. If you want to go by and say hello. I will be up on Thursday night. I keep the pontoon boat on the waters at the Bowery from ice on Until ice off. Do you know where to find me ? Usually in my white F 250 with a winch and lights on the front. See you on the mountain!

I know where Larry's Trailer is. I will keep an eye out for you. I will probably be there Thursday night too. I'm in a white Tahoe.

I know where Larry's Trailer is. I will keep an eye out for you. I will probably be there Thursday night too. I'm in a white Tahoe.
You know my cabin is the second one in from Johnson's on Sevenmile/Gooseberry rd. Usually there just after dark. I will be putting the elk to bed ;-)

BIGJOHNT you are a luck man to own one of the cabins off Seven Mile. I have drooled over those cabin for the 25+ years that I have been playing in that area. I will be camping next to you with my family August 10-12. Some fishing and playing in the mountain on the schedule. My wife loves the Fish Lake area. You must be living right to have a piece of heaven on earth. Have fun.

It is a little piece of heaven and will feel lucky to have it in the family! Off grid living at it’s finest! Being able to glass from the front porch is a plus. ?

BigJohn, I've seen the Gooseberry road sign about 10 miles past Salina. Is that where Fish Lake is? Confused. pc
Yes you can go that way. Up and over. That use to be a dirt road. But our federal government decided it need to be paved. From the south you go past Otter creek and turn towards Loa and up the mountain to the north.

Go north on Highway 62 from Otter Creek turn east on Highway 24 go about 10 miles turn north on highway 25 go north about 10 miles you won't miss Fish Lake.

As said earlier go north along Otter Creek to Koosharem. On the North end of Koosharem there is Browns Lane which is a short cut up to highway. It is paved and saves you 10 plus miles. When you hit Highway 24 turn right and go to Fish Lake turnoff which is road 25. It probably 45-50 minutes from Antimony.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom