Antler values crashing??

>I heard that antler values have
>crashed. Anybody know why and
>how much? Only thing I
>can figure is the markets
>saturated?

I heard the Asian market had some big issues and that was the reason for the price decline. I had a big stash I was holding too. DANG!

It wouldn't bother me to see the entire market go away. Enjoy it for the experience again. Not the rat race it has become. 99% of us are ethical but the one 1% is ruining it for the money. Cut the money and maybe they will leave too.

py

I am an antler buyer here in Oregon and yeah, antler prices have plateaued and have started to go down in many places. It has been a slow but steady increase the last several years but this is the first year that prices were not up and it hasn't taken long for them to go down. I told several guys to get rid of their stashes but of course they didn't listen, now they wish they had sold :) Myself, I'm currently a little hesitant to buy a big 200 and 300 pound piles if I don't have a place to sell them right away because I know that if prices keep dropping too far, I'm stuck losing money, potentially alot of money. That said, I would say sell now, you can still get a good price for them, prices may stabilize yet but I can't see them going up at all from where they are now. Most likely they are on the way down for a while. If we lose the Asian market, we could be looking at $5 per pound for browns again.

>I hope we lose the asian
>market in general we dont
>need em. We can keep
>money in America.

Umm???? That makes no sense at all. The Asian market means we are selling a product to them and the money for said product is coming to America.

As far as the prices dropping, that is too bad as I have a pretty good spring and have picked up almost 100 pounds of browns. I am sure that the antler market will end up being just like the fur market. Cycle up and then down. Supply and demand. There is no doubt that the high prices the last 2-3 years have made for a huge increase in supply. That supply has back logged and in time will run low and prices will go back up.

Just like Coyotoes and Rabbits....

I heard through a buddy that Russia released something like 10 million pounds of antlers they had been stock piling. It flooded the Asian market and the prices crashed. Can anyone else confirm that?

Since I posted this thread I've been investigating and have also heard it is the Russians to blame. They have saturated the Asian market.
Thanks guys for all your input.

Them dagnab Rusky's!!! Leave it to them commies to not know that markets always just go up and never down...

What is your definition of "crashing" as I just unloaded a large pile for $13 and $10 for number 1's Far from a crash like I have seen in other times like when deer went from $15 down to $6 ten or fifteen years ago.

The fewer horns you find the more value you tend to put on them, they are obnoxious and rather useless to be honest, and you can only light up so many chandeliers and stub your toe on so many floor lamps etc before you realize this.

And maybe a market correction will thin out the idiots a bit? I KNOW BUT A FELLA CAN DREAM CAN'T HE???

Besides, I had to unload or else lower my floors or raise my ceilings again...

]
DSC01494.jpg
[/URL]

>It wouldn't bother me to see
>the entire market go away.
>Enjoy it for the experience
>again. Not the rat race
>it has become. 99% of
>us are ethical but the
>one 1% is ruining it
>for the money. Cut the
>money and maybe they will
>leave too.
>
>py

I agree with you completely, except the 99:1 part. I have seen a lot of unethical and illegal crap take place out there. It is a shame that our wildlife has become so commercialized; attracting low lifes out to make a buck.

>I am an antler buyer here
>in Oregon and yeah, antler
>prices have plateaued and have
>started to go down in
>many places. It has been
>a slow but steady increase
>the last several years but
>this is the first year
>that prices were not up
>and it hasn't taken long
>for them to go down.
>I told several guys to
>get rid of their stashes
>but of course they didn't
>listen, now they wish they
>had sold :) Myself, I'm
>currently a little hesitant to
>buy a big 200 and
>300 pound piles if I
>don't have a place to
>sell them right away because
>I know that if prices
>keep dropping too far, I'm
>stuck losing money, potentially alot
>of money. That said, I
>would say sell now, you
>can still get a good
>price for them, prices may
>stabilize yet but I can't
>see them going up at
>all from where they are
>now. Most likely they are
>on the way down for
>a while. If we lose
>the Asian market, we could
>be looking at $5 per
>pound for browns again.

That would be awesome!!!

I'm a buyer in AZ and just got my prices from my buyer (who is one of the biggest in the world) and my prices are slightly higher than last year. So either they haven't got word of the so called crash or they found someone paying big bucks somewhere.

this is a 2 year old post that someone resurrected Bonecollector777.

Jake H. BIG BONE HUNTING Page on Facebook.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

The people that ruined it is the lazy people that dont walk more than 50 yards then blame it on people that actually get out and find things. I have seen more damage by and game and fish helicopters chasing cow elk that are a week away from birth trying to make them move back up in the high country .

The real reason is the flat brimmers are grinding it up and using it as a supplement, after they have purchased it from the Russians who stole it from the Asians who paid way to much for it from the good old USA.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom