Antlerless Draw

shedneck

Good luck! I’m thinking we should know soon. I’m hoping that a small increase in the cow tags in San Juan will help out with drawing it this year!

I received my email on 6/29/21 at 11:47 am PST. I can’t remember if cards hit before emails or not last year.

$100.00 charge. Not sure if it’s for two cow elk tags or the ewe tag. I would think if it were for cow elk we’d see two $50 charges but who knows
Hopefully a ewe! That would be a fun hunt, but I’ve had them combine multiple tags into one charge before.

$251 for Cow Tag. NR
Congratulations? Did you happen to do more than one cow application with the same card? I did two on my card, but only one hit so far. They were obviously separate transactions for two people, but the same card and same unit/hunt. It’s entirely possible, in fact likely, that we weren’t the highest point holder.

I got a $50 charge but it shows denied because my card was turned off with my card guard, it's on now does anyone know if they'll hit it again or call me asking for the money or if I'm just screwed?

I got a $50 charge but it shows denied because my card was turned off with my card guard, it's on now does anyone know if they'll hit it again or call me asking for the money or if I'm just screwed?
You can call them and pay for it. Fortunately, Utah isn’t like Arizona where you are just out of luck if your card is declined.

You can call them and pay for it. Fortunately, Utah isn’t like Arizona where you are just out of luck if your card is declined.
Any idea where to find the correct number to call to pay for the tag? All I can see is local dwr offices

Congratulations? Did you happen to do more than one cow application with the same card? I did two on my card, but only one hit so far. They were obviously separate transactions for two people, but the same card and same unit/hunt. It’s entirely possible, in fact likely, that we weren’t the highest point holder.
No, just me. I have a cousin but we didn't apply as group and he is a Res. I had the most points of anyone in that unit.

Oh, but no.... thank YOU. ??

Screenshot_20220629-072758_Outlook~2.jpg

No meat hunt this year- getting harder by the year unless you want to put in for a very challenging hunt, spend $ for a guided cow or one hoping for snow to drive them down. Good luck to all- son will try to get it done on a general muzzy deer tag. Was bummed to not get the general archery deer tag for first time in four years.

Well we wasn't expecting all of us to draw. We went 4 for 4 on cow elk.
Me and the Wife drew cow tags.
The boys both drew there cow tags, plus they drew the Youth GS bull and our oldest drew Rifle deer.

This is going to be a fun year for our boys.

You better be looking for a sale on a new freezer!

My oldest son drew the Heber cow elk tag for the Cascade Springs area. I hope we can get it done for him on that hunt.

My second son drew the antelope doe tag for Oak Creeks.

I did not draw anything, which is good, since I dont want all that meat at one time. Spread over a few years is best for me. Gonna be a fun fall!

I also had max points, even bought the points when no tags were available. Never thought it would take this long to draw. I’ve heard it’s a fun hunt. I hope access isn’t as big of an issue as I’ve heard

I also had max points, even bought the points when no tags were available. Never thought it would take this long to draw. I’ve heard it’s a fun hunt. I hope access isn’t as big of an issue as I’ve heard
Yep I bought them as well. Now there’s a bunch of dudes out there who didn’t, realizing their error, and saying that isn’t “fair” that a few guys are guaranteed a tag at some point, but they aren’t.

I hope to draw sooner than later now. Good luck on your hunt

Yep I bought them as well. Now there’s a bunch of dudes out there who didn’t, realizing their error, and saying that isn’t “fair” that a few guys are guaranteed a tag at some point, but they aren’t.

I hope to draw sooner than later now. Good luck on your hunt
Thank you

I wondered if I was crazy when I was buying them. Max points still seems like a long ways from guaranteed.

Well we wasn't expecting all of us to draw. We went 4 for 4 on cow elk.
Me and the Wife drew cow tags.
The boys both drew there cow tags, plus they drew the Youth GS bull and our oldest drew Rifle deer.

This is going to be a fun year for our boys.
^^^This is exactly why on Antlerless tags there should be no penalty for turning tags back in so they can be re-issued. I would rather have one or even two tags in a year than get 4 all in one year and then not have any tags for several years.

As soon as the draw results are listed, there could be an option to accept the tag or let it go to the next person. It would be very easy to set this up for antlerless permits.

^^^This is exactly why on Antlerless tags there should be no penalty for turning tags back in so they can be re-issued. I would rather have one or even two tags in a year than get 4 all in one year and then not have any tags for several years.

As soon as the draw results are listed, there could be an option to accept the tag or let it go to the next person. It would be very easy to set this up for antlerless permits.
Except they don’t reallocate any antlerless tags besides the cow moose or ewe tags. They are all general season and general season tags, once turned in, don’t go to the next guy in line. which is absolutely stupid. With the demand any tag has, they should be given to another hunter.

There is nothing Exactly about this, Who said I wanted to turn them back in?

There is nothing Exactly about this, Who said I wanted to turn them back in?

Show me in my post that I said YOU wanted, or should do anything. Read really carefully the first word of the second sentence. Then read it again.

Why is everyone so testy lately. Good grief, Take a chill pill.

Last edited:
Really.
so what did you honestly mean there then.
holy crap. Calm down. Is your local store out of midol? I’ve got some spares you can use if you are all out?

He meant when you strike gold in the antlerless and end up with more tags than you realistically have time for, you should be allowed to surrender some permits without a penalty to give to another person who didn’t draw.

My god man. For someone who’s a self proclaimed elk slayer, you sure aren’t very emotionally tough

holy crap. Calm down. Is your local store out of midol? I’ve got some spares you can use if you are all out?

He meant when you strike gold in the antlerless and end up with more tags than you realistically have time for, you should be allowed to surrender some permits without a penalty to give to another person who didn’t draw.

My god man. For someone who’s a self proclaimed elk slayer, you sure aren’t very emotionally tough
Okay my bad I miss understood.
I apologize to everyone
I just took my meds where good now?
SORRY

So now that every one is back in a good mood, I drew a Milford Flat Doe Antelope Tag. I do love me some Antelope Meat.
Any honey holes?
I'm not familiar with the Milford Flat but there's plenty of antelope out that way...

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom