Antlerless proclamation

BIGJOHNT

Long Time Member
With the draw starting tomorrow . I was trying to find the proclamation . Maybe it will be out tomorrow ?

I knew they didn't print them anymore . But I thought they still put them online. I guess I am getting use to the new planner. But I am just use to being able to have a piece of paper to read and hold. Call me old school I guess.

Thank you Amy. But the link I posted up. Shows no Beaver cow elk hunts. But one of the ones you posted shows two Beaver cow elk hunts.

Just a general question, but for the anterless hunts where they are marked limited public access, are landowners open to giving you permission to hunt anterless species. How about for a trespass fee?

I am mostly asking about antelope or moose. Just trying to do some homework so I'm not that guy asking for help after the draw.

Just a general question, but for the anterless hunts where they are marked limited public access, are landowners open to giving you permission to hunt anterless species. How about for a trespass fee?

I am mostly asking about antelope or moose. Just trying to do some homework so I'm not that guy asking for help after the draw.
Antelope you have a better shot at getting easy access for free. Moose on the other hand, I’m betting you’d have to work pretty hard to find someone who would let you hunt their ground, especially if you are wanting free access. There’s plenty of other options out there for both species that offer good hunts in units that have better public access

I'm having trouble this morning as when I click on a new species to add it takes to a page that say's I already applied!

Nope I didn't

I'll try maybe tomorrow morning

Robb

I have not applied for a Utah antlerless tag before. How does the draw work with the 5 choices? Does it look at the first choice only or will all 5 of my choices be looked at in order and the first available hunt awarded? Basically, I am asking if I should put down 5 choices or will only the first one or two have a chance at being drawn?

I have not applied for a Utah antlerless tag before. How does the draw work with the 5 choices? Does it look at the first choice only or will all 5 of my choices be looked at in order and the first available hunt awarded? Basically, I am asking if I should put down 5 choices or will only the first one or two have a chance at being drawn?
You really only have a shot at drawing your first choice, MAYBE, your 2nd, but that’s about it. And these days you’ll need Preference points, usually 2 minimum, to draw the majority of tags worth having. If you drew your 5th choice, it’s probably a unit that has terrible public access and is made up of mostly private property OR it’s a garbage hunt put in place to kill the 3 elk that live on the entire unit, just to keep the ranchers and farmers happy.

Thanks for the reply. I kind of figured it might take a point or two for some of the units. Looking at some of the later season hunts as a way to extend the hunting season and keep the freezer full. Utah is one of the last western states that I haven't hunted elk in. So looking forward to exploring new country too.

So I'm not seeing any non-resident tags available for doe deer this year? Is that correct or is it a typo or are the available tags there for resident and non-resident. I've drawn doe deer a few times in the past as a non-resident but can't remember if the hunt planner showed non resident available or not.

Anyone know?

I just got off the phone with Mr. Lisp voice and he/she told me that The Cow Moose and Bighorn Sheep are Bonus points Not Preference points

So the reason ya can't apply for Cow Moose and Bighorn Ewe tag is that you can Only apply for 1 Bonus point Species unless you are a Non-Ressy and they will take All the $$$ they can get from you wanna be's….

Really Beocth?

So I axed him/her???

Where does it show that Now we have Bonus and Preference points on Antlerless Species?

Plus, if it is the Very First Year for Bighorn Ewe tags, NO ONE has any Points on them.....Hello?

He/she Hung up on me saying that 'I don't like your attitude!! '

Our Tax $$$ paying State Govt goofball's for sure!

Robb
It’s been that way since they implemented a points system for antlerless hunts back in 2006.... it’s nothing new

So I talked to the main Utah office yesterday and the lady didn't know why there were no non-resident tags shows for doe deer. She was going to look into it and call me back. So hopefully I hear and when I do I'll update the group.

Anyone have the link showing the antlerless draw results by unit for last year?
Last year the 2018 draw results was on line making it easier to figure how many points it took for each unit.

Talked to the folks and she said that the non residents and residents are lumped together for application of the available permits. So non residents can draw the available antlerless tags. I would assume this means that all 2 point holders, resident or non resident, are on equal footing for the available tags.

Talked to the folks and she said that the non residents and residents are lumped together for application of the available permits. So non residents can draw the available antlerless tags. I would assume this means that all 2 point holders, resident or non resident, are on equal footing for the available tags.
That can’t be true. There’s always been separate pools for non residents and residents. Even in the antlerless drawings. Look at the cow elk tag numbers. It clearly shows that

That can’t be true. There’s always been separate pools for non residents and residents. Even in the antlerless drawings. Look at the cow elk tag numbers. It clearly shows that

I agree, I've been pulling antlerless NR tags for years and the numbers have always shown how many res vs non res tags there are for a particular hunt. However this year the hunt planner and documents don't say anything about non resident tags. That's why I called them. I'm conveying what I was told so at this point I'm not too worried about the $10 app fee so I'm just going to apply as if the info I got was correct.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom