Any bugles

RoughCountry

1st archery season starts in a couple days and in southern NM the bulls are still quit. Temps are still in the mid 80’s. They are all hard horned but not much going on yet. I usually hear them bugle at night about now but so far no bugles. With all this water and feed everywhere there should be some good one this year.

We’ll be in 23 Thursday morning and I expect a quiet start to the season given the forecasted temps! But who knows

heard a couple bugles over the weekend early morning 4:30 a.m. or so. Woke me up from camp. 16C area.
How are the roads in 16C? Ranger station says its rough with rigs still stuck down there. I'm going anyway and will be there in a couple days. Good luck to all

All I can say in 16c don’t get off the main road ask me how I know. I stayed stuck in spring mesa for 2 days!

How are the roads in 16C? Ranger station says its rough with rigs still stuck down there. I'm going anyway and will be there in a couple days. Good luck to all
It's was awful when I was there. Idiots mainly, they see a meadow that looks dry, and then drag a rig right to the center. I did notice that roads (off road) are severely cut out where the water would travel. Big drop offs, and sticky situations. Looks like there will be alot more walking for the road hunters this year.

It's was awful when I was there. Idiots mainly, they see a meadow that looks dry, and then drag a rig right to the center. I did notice that roads (off road) are severely cut out where the water would travel. Big drop offs, and sticky situations. Looks like there will be alot more walking for the road hunters this year.
I’m willing to wager those hunters will either not go or have a huge party for two weeks ?

Do archers actually road hunt? that doesn't seem hardly possible?
Don't underestimate the ingenuity of some New Mexicans; standing up in bed of pick-up holding on to a railing with one hand, bow with arrow nocked in the other. My favorite though was the guy sitting In a lazy boy strapped in the bed of the truck, I guess it made for a smooth ride. That was about 20 years ago during a deer hunt, have times changed?

Don't underestimate the ingenuity of some New Mexicans; standing up in bed of pick-up holding on to a railing with one hand, bow with arrow nocked in the other. My favorite though was the guy sitting In a lazy boy strapped in the bed of the truck, I guess it made for a smooth ride. That was about 20 years ago during a deer hunt, have times changed?
I’ve seen it first hand!!!

When I was a kid in the late 80’s early 90’s my dad would take me and my brother deer hunting every year. There were some guys in corona who actually had a truck with about a 12’ stand in the bed with a chair on top . They would take turns “ hunting “ from the chair ???

When I was a kid in the late 80’s early 90’s my dad would take me and my brother deer hunting every year. There were some guys in corona who actually had a truck with about a 12’ stand in the bed with a chair on top . They would take turns “ hunting “ from the chair ???
We need some pictures of these rigs for entertainment value

This year when I go back home, I will try get a picture of it. If I see the guys who have a Hitch on front of their jeep and they have a fiberglass chair with a harness attached to the square tube in the hitch sit about 2 ft in front of the bumper it for running and gunning
coyote's I believe LOL.

Bulls in northern NM have been for about a week , but the smaller bulls are still together. Seems like the big bulls have started to break away solo and the cold wet weather seems to be heavier and earlier. Maybe a mid Sept rut frenzy....The Labor Day weekend camps will push em to shut down just a hair...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom