Any C - zone bucks taken yet...

I hunted in C-4 this weekend. Quite a few hunters not many deer. I hiked into a place with many trails off the road and only saw a few does. Heard a few shots during both days, only buck I saw hanging was one someone shot 1/2 mile down the hill from me.

Larry

It's still pretty hot out there, them bucks are still in their nocturnal mode, opening morn I only hunted till 10:00 am, but I hunt in a migration area anyway.

hunted sat/sun around Burney-3does 1 spike, hunted mon out of macdoel area, 15 doe's 1 spike, also surprised at the lack of bear sign at both places,the butcher in Burney had only had 21 deer and no bears by sun nite, about 1/3 of normal

I can't beleive how little deer I've seen in our area...I haven't seen a shooter yet and just 3 days left.....

Must be to hot Manny. Some guys here at work got two in x1. One was a nice 4x4. Haven't heard anything from the guys who hunt Battle creek.

Manny, the hunting has been really tough. Not only the warm weather but the abundance of water and feed is incredible in the big Green Zones. We've only whacked 6 bucks so far with the best a 120 class 4x4. Are you sticking around during the rut again this year? If so, and you see the buck of a lifetime, you got my number. I'll be headed up tomorrow to finish up the last 10 days. The forecast looks like a disaster. We will be hitting the brush and steep dark canyons. Later.. Rick

two 3x3s,One in X-1,one in B-1. Had to work hard! C-zone buddies haveing it tough no weather,moon to brite ,same stories.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom