Any ebay sellers?

feddoc

Long Time Member
I might be looking to sell a couple buckets of old coins I found. So, if any of you have info on the good/bad of selling stuff on ebay, I would appreciated some guidance.

Otherwise, it's off to a coin dealer in Carson City or Reno.

I sometimes sell my knives on E bay. If it is coins, you need to do several things prior to selling on E bay.

Research them to determine what the true value, based on condition of the coin, is and set a reserve price that must be met before it sells. This way you do not sell a 500 dollar coin that sells for 100 dollars because no one else made a bid against the first bidder.

Take very sharp closeup photos of both sides of the coin so the buyer can see what condition the coin is in.

You have the choice if you will except returns after so many days so the buyer can examine the coins and return it in it's original condition. Some buyers would want this option.

The cost for listing the coins are very small. The Paypal fees will be more on the money you receive from the buyer, but they should be less then what a coin dealer will mark down your coins for his profit margin.

RELH

i wonder if you would make more money piece-ing it out or keeping it all togther. i dont the answer but its something to think about.

i think parting it out there might be some coins worth big bucks while the next may only be worth its face value...

better go to pawn stars...lol

Yea, I am sorting as we speak. Gonna take some time to go through a 5 gallon bucket of dimes. So far I haven't found a single proof mark on any of them. I've got a few rolls of near mint mercury dimes, some rolls of brand new 64 dimes and some other stuff.

Not sure if I wanna list each dime; that's a lot of work...although the payback could be interesting.

E-Bay is A 'Buyers' Kinda like place!

Selling/I mean givin sshhitt away for Free is a Sellers Nightmare!

Time you pay for Listing Fee's & PayPal Fee's combined with an Economy that SUCKS thanks to a JACK-ASS President it'll make you wonder!

OK I'll get off the Rant now!

BearCat has helped me out a few times with E-Bay Issues & I've always appreciated his Help!

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

>You "found" a couple 5 gallon
>buckets of coins?
>
>Cool!
>
>Eel

Yea, my uncle supposedly had a 55 gallon drum filled with dollars...he didn't trust banks. He died in 73, I bought the place from the family about 10 years ago. Found a coffee can full of half dollars right away, then some quarters a few years ago. Haven't found the drum and won't put too much effort in it.

Anyway, over Thanksgiving I decided to look in a certain spot and there they were, all sealed up nice and dry.

Local store is paying 23X face value for the silver stuff, more if the coins are rare.

earlier than 1937 is what you want to sort out......not much collector stuff after that.....23 times sounds pretty good. $2.30 for a dime is top dollar.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-12 AT 06:50PM (MST)[p]>earlier than 1937 is what you
>want to sort out......not much
>collector stuff after that.....23 times
>sounds pretty good. $2.30 for
>a dime is top dollar.
They are paying melt value. http://www.coinflation.com/silver_coin_values.html

http://www.coinflation.com/coins/1932-1964-Silver-Washington-Quarter-Value.html

http://www.coinflation.com/coins/1946-1964-Silver-Roosevelt-Dime-Value.html

I looked through all the coins that would fit into a .50 ammo can. Couldn't find a single one on the 'pretty valuable' list...but, I do have about 3 wraps full of near mint mercury dimes. I also have some 64s that look darn near uncirculated.

You wanna save yourself a Hassle?

I'll loan you my Cuttin Torch & you can just melt every Coin down & Scrap it out!

Then we could call fou defacedoc!:D

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

A drum of silver dollars....or paper dollars....will have me hunting ALL of next Fall in British Columbia!

I'd be out in that yard diggin' like a 3 balled tomcat with the scours!

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-12 AT 12:24PM (MST)[p]In this economy, the little bits of properties that i own, are actually worth less than half of what i could have sold them for 6 years ago.

Gold and Silver have actually gone up in value a great deal. Not to say that the metals won't come back down again but they sure would have been the better investment than having real estate.

Edit, i too would like to become a seller on E-Bay but don't really know where to start. I now have a little coolpix camera that i've yet learned how to use. At one time, i bought hundreds of semi collectables off the bay that could be culled way down to just the ones i really like.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Ebay is great if you don't buy gift cards. :)

The trouble with selling on eby is that if your item is not going to sell for what you think it is worth, you've got to pull it off of the auction and I don't think they like that too much.

I've got some 2013 LE deer tags on there right now....

Steve
Hell, it's bigger than anything BESS has killed.

Wiz, i agree with what you said, nobody wants to get way less than what they believe their item to be worth. Once i get set up, if i have a item that i believe to be worth $30., i'm going to start bids at $10., plus shipping, no reserve. That way, people will see it's worth bidding on yet they won't be able to get my good item for a buck and a half.

Also, i almost always wait until the last few seconds before the auction ends to place my best offer over and above the existing high bid. That way, i'm not bidding the item up to where it's not such a good deal. I have won a lot of stuff with last few second bids, have lost some items that way too, so i'll expect others to bid on my stuff the same way.

I just got to dig in and figure all the camera stuff and getting set up to do it!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

So sage?

You're an E-Bay Snipe?:D:D:D

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Yes i am! }>

No sense paying more than you have to. IMO, Bidding early only drives up the final price.

Bess, i bought a killer set of cast iron snap cutters, like new, on the bay for $35. plus shipping. Hard to beat that unless a guy don't know what he has...

Joey

I hear ya sage!

Like I mentioned above:

It's a Buyers Market!

If you had origanally paid 400.00 yourself for them Snap Cutters and decided to Sell them on E-bay thinking you could/should get at least 100.00 out of them & they ended up Selling for a Whoppin 35.00 I'm not sure I'd wanna be around the Ole Sage after that Sale for a day or two?:D:D:D

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Yeah Bessy, you are correct i'd be pissed. I think the guy had them listed as something different than what they were so didn't get the attention they should have. They were good ones too, kind of glad i don't have to use them too much. I also paid about $100. on the bay for a small set that you crank down tight with a big adjustable wrench for tight skinny kitty work under houses. 2 good tools about 1/4 the price. The bay can be a great place to shop if you know what to look for to keep from getting burnt.

I have been looking for a long time, a basin wrench with the huge grab arm. have several regular sized ones but the ones that come up on the bay with the bigger jaw or arm, they want $40-50. bucks for so i'm still waiting! Lots of Plumbing stuff gets sold on the Bay!

Joey

I pack 2 of the smaller Basin Wrenches on my Truck and one of the Bigger ones you're lookin for!

Problem is,is trying to keep the Weight down a little,Truck is busting in half!

You don't need the Bigger Wrench very often,but when you do need it there's no substitute!

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

I am a collector of silver, not the rare stuff, just the 90%, pre '64 stuff.... if you get to a place where you want to sell any of the 64 and older, let me know... I won't pay more than value, but will pay spot price....

>Why do you want to sell
>this stuff? Why not just
>sit on it, its real
>money.

Because I want a new machine gun.
A investment you can enjoy while it makes money. My wife thought I was nutz when I started flipping transferable machine guns, but she isn't laughing now when she sees the money I have made.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-12 AT 06:50PM (MST)[p]>earlier than 1937 is what you
>want to sort out......not much
>collector stuff after that.....23 times
>sounds pretty good. $2.30 for
>a dime is top dollar.
They are paying melt value. http://www.coinflation.com/silver_coin_values.html

http://www.coinflation.com/coins/1932-1964-Silver-Washington-Quarter-Value.html

http://www.coinflation.com/coins/1946-1964-Silver-Roosevelt-Dime-Value.html

I looked through all the coins that would fit into a .50 ammo can. Couldn't find a single one on the 'pretty valuable' list...but, I do have about 3 wraps full of near mint mercury dimes. I also have some 64s that look darn near uncirculated.
Feddoc

when looking at the coins close up make sure you look for a double stamp on any coin in any way or fashion.
My uncle died a few years ago and left me lots of stuff. He had a piggy bank from when he was young. Still have them and will start to do exactly what I am telling you to do once I retire.
Those double stamped coins can be worth thousands of dollars and look for a 1929 dime as they are rare and worth some money.

Feddoc

when looking at the coins close up make sure you look for a double stamp on any coin in any way or fashion.
My uncle died a few years ago and left me lots of stuff. He had a piggy bank from when he was young. Still have them and will start to do exactly what I am telling you to do once I retire.
Those double stamped coins can be worth thousands of dollars and look for a 1929 dime as they are rare and worth some money.
uh....would have been good advice in 2012....

Feddoc

I did just that. No double hits. I do have a roll and a half of 29 dimes and almost 5 rolls of near mint mercury dimes.

With the price of lumber now, I decided to create my own coin of the realm. It's called 'birch coin.' Public offering coming soon.

birchcoin.jpg

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom