ANY GREAT BUYS DURING THE AMMO PANDEMIC???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
I Just Bought 10 Boxes of 375 RUM @ 35.26 Per Box!

Doesn't Make Much Sense!

I've been able To By the Bigger Magnum Caliber Bullets for Less Money during this CRAZY/BS Ammo Pandemic than I ever have!

So What Gives?

I Know!

Some of You Will Tell Me there's not many People Stupid Enough to Own/Shoot a 375 RUM!

But Why?

Elkster, are you stocking up on 375 RUM ammo so that you can dish out some "high mountain tune-ups" later this fall? All those off-roading, law-breaking ATV riders better watch out! ;)

Hawkeye

It's the "supply and demand" principle. You said it yourself. Nobody shoots a 375 RUM North of South Africa...unless you are chasing pisscutters!
Try finding Diesel that's lower priced than more refined regular gas!
It's the same idiotic game that none of us can figure out!

Ammo starting to come around. Here’s the pistol ammo shelf at the store I work at.

287663BD-0342-4D4F-B02C-C2B9DB769D0B.jpeg

You shoot your two pointer with that 375 rum. There is not going to be much left for the dinner table. ???? I guess that’s why nobody is buying 375 ammo in Utah. But I have always said you can’t have enough gun. ? Piss cutters little 6.5 PRC’s selling for three times that price. Just doesn’t make any sense in the crazy a$$ world we are living in !

...can you make for me some .411 gas checked lead bullets?
what are you shooting that is .411? That's an odd bore size. I had a couple of .404 Jeffreys that had the original .411 bore size. Not a very common diameter.

405 winchester.....I'd like to be able to load some lighter loads .....

Only 2 bullets available are hornady and barnes 300 grainers.....

Wonder how .410 pistol bullets would shoot??

Call Hammer. You have nothing to lose except some time talking bullets. 406 261 0010 mtmuley

Call Hammer. You have nothing to lose except some time talking bullets. 406 261 0010 mtmuley
yeah.....I thought about that but I'm really just after something cheap for plinking.........full load 300 grainers kick like an fing mule from that 1895 winchester

yeah.....I thought about that but I'm really just after something cheap for plinking.........full load 300 grainers kick like an fing mule from that 1895 winchester
Might surprise you. At any rate, maybe he will cut some and add to the site for sale. Or, you could set up to cast them. mtmuley

.405 Winchester? That's a cool old cartridge. Are you shooting an 1895 Winchester? I doubt you will get those pistol bullets to shoot well.

Never mind, I just saw your last post that it's indeed an 1895. That was Teddy Roosevelts "big medicine" for African Lions.

I was able to get a lb of IMR4350 today, and didnt mind $30/lb price. At least i can make some

what are you shooting that is .411? That's an odd bore size. I had a couple of .404 Jeffreys that had the original .411 bore size. Not a very common diameter.
I don't know why this was so hard to google........but I finally found some

....of course I was googling .411.and not adding 405 winchester

I Just Bought 10 Boxes of 375 RUM @ 35.26 Per Box!

Doesn't Make Much Sense!

I've been able To By the Bigger Magnum Caliber Bullets for Less Money during this CRAZY/BS Ammo Pandemic than I ever have!

So What Gives?

I Know!

Some of You Will Tell Me there's not many People Stupid Enough to Own/Shoot a 375 RUM!

But Why?
I had a .375 RUM at one time so I guess I was stupid at one time. It was the 700 deluxe with the stamped "engraved" receiver. Bought it for $500 from an older gentleman who used it on an Alaskan bear hunt I was filming. He didn't like the recoil and I didn't like that ugly word "Remington" that was on it so I flipped it, J-lock and all. :LOL:

Now I shoot a custom A-bolt .375 H&H Ackley Improved, built by MALM. Just a much sexier cartridge;) Between these two I had a .375 weatherby. The good thing about that one is that the .375 Weatherby and .375 Ackley are close enough in dimensions that you can shoot either rounds in both rifles. So my leftover Weatherby ammo didn't go to waste.

I just got a new Boyds thumbhole stock in Zombie green for it. As soon as I widen the barrel channel, glass bed and put pillars in it, it should be ready in time for Archery season.:LOL::LOL: "KIDDING!"

I didn't get any ammo cheap, but I did sell my Gamestop stock to make enough to eat Dennys Grand Slams until I puke.

Local gun shop here in IF (Ross' Coin and Gun) had LOTs of small rifle primers, 209A primers today, and ammo is starting to overload the shelves. Nice to see things easing a little.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom