Any help.

B

bake

Thanks for the replies on area 89,34 post. Any more help with my first mule deer, pronghorn hunt would be great. I am stuck on what camo to get. I thinking of Max-1. I am staying in a drop camp in area 89, about a hour for Casper.

I have never seen anything on the prairie that disappears like prairie ghost. It is hard to get around here though and currently out of stock everywhere on the internet. Most camo patterns blot out to a dark person outline at a distance out there. One of the predator camo patterns might be good but I have yet to see anyone with it on out there. Yes that sounds like it works so good you can't see it. That isn't what I mean!

I've thought about using duck hunting camo. It seems like the color of the reeds in the camo blend in nicely in the rolling hills of Wyoming. I just never have bought any. I currently wear Prarie Ghost and Seclusion 3D Open Country. I wear pants of one and the shirt of the other or vice versa. That way it makes less of an outline. Of course I've got the blaze orange on my head.

Steve

I have check into the ghost wear. Cabelas said they stopped using their product because there was to many complaints about it fading. What are anybodies thoughts on wool pants. I am going mid Oct. I have 3D open country in pants and shirt, but no cooler weather camo yet. I have been looking at some of the newer duck camo. It looks pretty good.
I am also going for Pronghorn while I am there. Monday and Tuesday are not open yet for deer so hopefully I can get a crack at a goat. I think I can judge the muleys alright, but the goats I am having trouble judging them. Being from Ontario Canada we don't have either.
Thanks for the help
Jason

I would worry a lot more about how you hunt than what you wear. Camo might help, but be sure to use good glass and spend most of your time looking. And stay low or behind brush, a tree or rock when you top a ridge. Look a LONG way out and find the deer/antelope before they see you. Than make a stalk and only let them see your eyes right before you pull the trigger. Camo becomes a lot less important if you use glass and hunt long distance. Stay sneaky and good hunting.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-08 AT 09:24AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-08 AT 09:19?AM (MST)

Kings Desert Shadow!!!!

AND what ICMDEER said!

Heres an example of Kings Desert Shadow in Wyoming.

47fcdf8a54a0928b.jpg

I have been watching every show I can on Mule deer hunting. I have bought a Bushnell Elite 15X45-60 spotter and Burris signature series 10X50 bino's. I hope those are good enough.
I have been told to be out before sun rise and start glassing.
Thanks

I have checked out there stuff. I am looking for something wind and water proof. I am a Gore Tex guy, but if anybody thinks there is a good brand out there that they have tried let me know.
Thanks

I'm pretty sure they have water proof stuff. Is this a rifle hunt??? If so I wouldn't worry whole bunch about patterns, just something to break you up a bit. I read a study and anywhere outside 75 yds, deer will see you as a big blob moving... camo or no camo, if you're within 75 yds pattern matters more but if you move you're busted anyway. Alot of guys wear green Carhart pants and a camo shirt plus a blaze orange hat.

Donnie

Yes it is a rifle hunt. Opening day is the Wednesday. We should get to Casper late Sunday or early Monday. Hook up with the outfitter Monday, set up camp. He is going to take us around the areas that we can hunt for the day and try to give us a idea what we are up against. Hopefully I can get a crack at a goat Monday or Tuesday before wednesdays opener. Do you think it is good to be there opening week or wait abit? We are hunting private ranchs.
Bake

If you're hunting rifle, I wouldn't worry about camo at all. Jeans and a carhart jacket work fine, especially since you have to wear orange during the rifle season in Wyoming. Always get a kick out of people dressed head to toe in camo with orange over the top. They usually look like dildos (especially heading through town all duded-up.)

Don't worry about the camo, just get something windproof and water resistant like fleece, and a good pair of boots, and worry about putting on a good stalk and having some fun.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom