Any Idaho Residents get a Re-issued Sheep License?

sticksender

Just curious if any Idaho residents here got one of the 16 or so retracted Sheep and Mt Goat licenses that were originally issued to non-residents in the fouled-up draw? I'm assuming they were re-issued to next-in-line resident applicants, since they were part of the original 2021 statewide quota.

I keep hoping but I would’ve thought we’d have heard something by now. Refunds should be out in the next couple of weeks, I’m guessing some people are going to be surprised when a tag shows up instead of a check

I had a buddy that got a call last Thursday, the Farm, Fish and Game said we are going to make your day and gave him a Sheep tag. I am really happy for my friend but honestly what a sh$t show, that should have never happened. They said they were under staffed, guys wait their whole life for a tag like this and the Farmers can’t draw it properly.

A guy I know got a call on the opposite end of your friend. For him he had drawn a dream sheep tag only to get a call saying that his tag was being revoked due to their error. That will take the steam out of a guy.
A resident?

The total 2021 statewide quota between RMBS and CBHS was 94 licenses. By rule, that means non-residents were limited to, but not guaranteed, a total of 9 licenses (not to exceed 10%). In the first draw, IDFG instead awarded 23 of the 94 statewide sheep licenses to NR's, via email notification of results. Similarly, for Mt Goat, they issued 6 of the 41 statewide licenses to NR's, even though the NR limit was 4 licenses. For a grand total of 16 NR's being awarded sheep/goat licenses which had to be later revoked.

This error would have been immediately visible at the conclusion of the draw, if anyone had taken a quick glance at their own draw-results spread sheet summary. But apparently nobody was looking.

I would be absolutely devastated if they called and said yeah you didn't actually draw that sheep tag and we are taking it back.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom