Any info on drought affect - 268 ewe tag (muddy mountains)

iowacity

My wife has this tag in October. We have never hunted the area. I pulled harvest data for rams and see a consistent pattern on where rams are being harvested, but the season is later than the ewe hunt. I have a few focus areas picked out based on harvest data, which is surprisingly different from the hunter information sheets and I don’t see water nearby these locations. Also, the drought I hear is very bad in southern NV this year.

Does anyone have any intel on what’s going on with the sheep in 268 this year with Lake Mead so low? Any suggestions on where to start looking? I’m curious if they line up with the avilable harvest data. I can discuss what I am seeing in harvest data via PM, but don’t want to post it publicly.

Gotta be the easiest hunt in the state.... Honestly.... Difficult to draw, easy hunt.

Those sheep will move, and goto the Muddy's and the Lake, no matter how far down it is. Sheep are all over in 268.

Gotta be the easiest hunt in the state.... Honestly.... Difficult to draw, easy hunt.

Those sheep will move, and goto the Muddy's and the Lake, no matter how far down it is. Sheep are all over in 268.
Not really. Drought has really hit them hard and moved them around in the Muddys. May be looking better with the rain we’ve been getting lately but 2 years ago it was tough to find a ewe! Ask me how I know.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom