Any lawyers here?

feddoc

Long Time Member
This seems pretty clear to me, with no distinction between types of firearms.

What do you reasonably smart people say?

ATF website says this:

May a person who resides in one state and owns property in another state purchase a firearm in either state?​

If a person maintains a home in two states and resides in both states for certain periods of the year, they may, during the period of time they actually reside in a particular state, purchase a firearm in that state. However, simply owning property in another state does not alone qualify the person to purchase a firearm in that state.
[27 CFR 478.11]

(Resident is further defined as this:)

State of residence. The State in which an individual resides. An individual resides in a State if he or she is present in a State with the intention of making a home in that State. If an individual is on active duty as a member of the Armed Forces, the individual's State of residence is the State in which his or her permanent duty station is located, as stated in 18 U.S.C. 921(b). The following are examples that illustrate this definition:
Example 1.
A maintains a home in State X. A travels to State Y on a hunting, fishing, business, or other type of trip. A does not become a resident of State Y by reason of such trip.

Example 2.
A maintains a home in State X and a home in State Y. A resides in State X except for weekends or the summer months of the year and in State Y for the weekends or the summer months of the year. During the time that A actually resides in State X, A is a resident of State X, and during the time that A actually resides in State Y, A is a resident of State Y.

Example 3.
A, an alien, travels to the United States on a three-week vacation to State X. A does not have a state of residence in State X because A does not have the intention of making a home in State X while on vacation. This is true regardless of the length of the vacation.

Example 4.
A, an alien, travels to the United States to work for three years in State X. A rents a home in State X, moves his personal possessions into the home, and his family resides with him in the home. A intends to reside in State X during the 3-year period of his employment. A is a resident of State X.

For example: You live in California and you travel to Utah and you see a gun you want to buy, just pretend you're a Democrat getting ready to vote. Just pick an address in Utah and put that down. It's not like anyone will check to see if it's right. If anyone questions it, the Twitter fact checkers will say that claim is false and delete the inquiry.

My brain hurts. Rent-All-Rifles would just be easier.

On topic, you should have “dual citizenship “ for all states where you pay property taxes. Applies to hunting app’s and voting both.:unsure:

I’d advise such persons to move to the state that lets them purchase guns... getting harder in Nevada so keep going it’s not getting any better here.

I think it's clear also that if you own homes in two different states and reside in both of those homes for some time in the year you can purchase firearms in both states.

The problem is you have to have a government issued ID with your physical address on it.

You typically can't have a driver's license in two different states without doing something a little shady. When you apply for a drivers license in state Y you usually have to surrender your license for state X.

You could get a drivers license in state Y, turn in your state X license, buy all the guns you wanted, then return to state X, turn in your state Y license and get a new state X license.

There may be a way to have an ID in two different states but I'm not sure what it is.

About 25 years ago I had an issue because I didn't have an ID with a physical address, just a PO Box. I couldn't buy a gun. I didn't actually have a physical address so I made one up and put it on my voter registration card and they accepted it.

He lost ,fair,&square,
For example: You live in California and you travel to Utah and you see a gun you want to buy, just pretend you're a Democrat getting ready to vote. Just pick an address in Utah and put that down. It's not like anyone will check to see if it's right. If anyone questions it, the Twitter fact checkers will say that claim is false and delete the inquiry.

That's a great question for Buzz or Grizz. The two most intelligent human beings consistently on MM.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom