Any lucky Nebo hunters?

COLOelkman

Very Active Member
I have a resident friend who put in for Nebo this year and had 2 more points that needed according to past stats. I think he had 10 or 11 pts. So far no cc hits or letter and he's really bummed that he hasn't drawn. Anyone else draw this unit. I also didn't draw but was about 1 point below so I didn't expect to draw. I guess you don't give up till you get official confirmation but any ideas as to when final notices will all be out?

I drew a rifle tag with 11 points, if he had that many points its a given tag, I would be suprised if he didn't draw it

Quality European Mounts at affordable prices

I would thank my lucky stars I didn't draw. Not to burst any bubbles but I have spent a tremendous amount of time on that unit (I live on it) and it has steadily gone down hill over the past 5 years. I would not be passing up any bulls in the 300-320 range, and be damn glad you saw a bull that good. Good luck to all.

It's always an adventure!!!

I agree it has been going down hill, but last year we took a bunch of bulls off of the unit ranging from 300-355, I also live on the unit and saw a couple of bulls that were over 360 after the hunt was over. You just have to plan on hiking a ton and get into the deeper canyons and you can find the bigger ones. The only reason I dumped my points on nebo, is Im wanting to hunt other LE and my daughter is old enough now to hunt them with me. I plan on a 350 bull or bigger, I will hike my but off, spend alot of time looking where I have seen some bigger ones and hopfully it pays off

Skull Designs: Quality European Mounts at affordable prices

euro - I hope I didn't sound too negative. I am frustrated because we like to see the elk in our back yard every winter. The only bull that we saw this year, in fact, the only elk we saw period, got darted on Payson main street. I hope you guys get what you're after. Keep in touch. I ride a lot up there and if I run into anything decent I will be glad to let you know.

It's always an adventure!!!

Thanks AHLB, I plan on scouting into the deeper canyons all summer, my father in law didn't draw his pahvant tag( 17 points) and he had put in for his time off already so I am going to have horses and mules to hunt and pack out with, so Im not worried about getting one out. I have neighbors that know the unit very well also that have given me some pointers, I will take any info your willing to give, and after my hunt, I will help out any one with a muzzy tag.

Skull Designs: Quality European Mounts at affordable prices

I drew a muzzy tag for this unit and am excited as can be! I know there are still 350+ bulls on this unit, but like has been said you have to work for them, they aren't behind every tree and they definitely won't come easy. Euro, after your hunt I'd love to talk.

hello
I drew a central mountain nebo tag at the sfw drawing. I know nothing about the area. Are there good trails and trail heads. My dad and I are thunking about going in on horses. We live on a large ranch near casper, wyoming. This is the only way we have eber hunted elk here. What would you recommend doing. I have a rifle tag.
Thanks

I agree with AWHLB, the unit it in pretty sad shape for big bulls. Dont get caught up in the "You have to get way back into the deep canyons or use horses" idea floating around on here. This unit is actually really accessable and doesnt have many areas that are really remote areas. Most of the area can be hunted by just day hikes. It is steep so be in shape and if you see a bull over 320 you should probably take it.

After reading the posts, maybe it's better he (and I) did not draw this Unit. I might keep putting in for Manti and within 5 years, one of us might draw!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom