Any news from 6C

Elkextreme1

Any news from 6C I have been scouting all summer and haven’t seen anything like past years. However I’ve had some trail cameras stollen or smashed so no videos. My hunt starts this coming week. I’ll still be going out and giving it hell.
Stay safe and happy hunting.

Just got back last night.

Bugling was going strong on Saturday and then seemed to completely shut down starting Sunday.

I think Covid is having an effect based on all the non hunters trying to get out into areas they normally wouldn't be in this time of year. Our group went 0 for 5 on the muzzleloader, and much of that was due to random hikers spooking elk that we were trying to work. Some of it actually seemed intentional, but most of it was just innocent.

Hope you have better luck than we did.

You might consider also buying a bear and/or a mountain lion tag before you go if you're so inclined. I saw both while watching a water hole and am still kicking myself that I didn't bother to buy either one, especially the lion tag.

Well 2020 is in the books. 6C didn’t play nice this year. Lots of hunters, people cutting wood and extremely dry and very hot. Anyway hopefully 2021 will be better than 2020.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom