Any NM unit 53 elk rifle success stories

elk_crazy

I had my chance at two awesome bulls second rifle hunt. I had them at 486 and 500yds. Needless to say I missed my opportunity. I had a small 1/2 inch mark on my scope which looked like it was bumped pretty good. And was shooting way high. I didnt take a back up and ended cutting my trip short. No matter I had a good time and the fact that I did see some animals made it all worth it. I will be taking a back up next time for sure. I hope you guys out there had some luck.

Went first rifle with sons and brother. Scouted the week before between archery and muzzle. Spotted two little herds. Went back in for the hunt and no fresh sign, nothing. No shots heard at all. We were only able to hunt for Sat and half sunday. Did alot of walking sitting in the thick etc. Heard a couple of bugles in the distance but that was it. Really cold Sat morning. ATVs hauling ass all over. My first time in 53. I wanted to get into ute mountain area, But not. we hunted to the north of cabresto creek on the boundry. and to the south of the creek. Didnt care for all the ATV tourists. we usally hunt 50,51 and 45. Wanted to try 53, it was our first choice. Probably wont be putting in to there again. I think if we could have been able to hunt a few more days, we might have got a shot off. Saw a few nice bucks.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom