Any of you raise chickens

The wife has two geese and one duck. I don't mind goose eggs, but I don't care for duck eggs. No chickens...yet.

No. but one of my neighbors up the road does. She knocked on my door about a month ago and introduced herself as Karen. That immediately raised a red flag. She said her rooster died and she asked if she could bury it on my property. I have a clump of redwood trees she admires and thought that would be a good final resting place. I told her sure, help yourself. I offered to dig the hole, but she declined. That's as close as I ever came to raising chickens.

No. but one of my neighbors up the road does. She knocked on my door about a month ago and introduced herself as Karen. That immediately raised a red flag. She said her rooster died and she asked if she could bury it on my property. I have a clump of redwood trees she admires and thought that would be a good final resting place. I told her sure, help yourself. I offered to dig the hole, but she declined. That's as close as I ever came to raising chickens.
Karen brought you her c*ck. Priceless. :ROFLMAO:

Yep, raising chickens since 2008, 12 birds presently. The automatic chicken door (timer/or light sensor) on the coop is a life saver, literally.

Not any more. Had as many as 350 at one point in time. Egg seller at farmer's markets. Chickens are pretty easy to keep and provide a steady source of protein. Only thing more cost effective than chickens are rabbits. Cost per pound to raise rabbits is waaaay lower than beef.

Shot a skunk at my place. Can I mail it up to you and have you bury it? ???
Had chickens as a kid for eggs. Can get pretty smelly when it rains.

The reason I asked- I was working my a** off for the last two days and all my 3 days off last week. The wife is getting the garden in and I am helping her of course . Yesterday I was up early and bombing through my list of stuff which included cleaning the garage, shed and putting up two cattle panel trellises for Squash. She kept interrupting and having me do this and that. I was still hopeful to get done by evening so I could go fishing today. After many interruptions she asked me to clean out the deep litter chicken coop material.
So instead of going to the store for a mask I just raked it out with attitude, lol. By evening last night my chest got tight, my eyes were red and I was close to coughing up blood with tons of phlegm. I just got back from the doctor with asthma, and he prescribed steroid as my lungs are so tight, he said he didn't want to worry about me getting asthma.
The reason I share this is to tell others to be safe but more so to say don't get attitude with the wife. ???
It is a bunch of Chicken S$!+..

We raised 13 from day old a few weeks ago, down to 12 as of yesterday. One of neighbor’s several roaming cats is suspected. The boys have traps set now.
I finally got my neighbor calibrated for her dogs that never stop barking. She has had 35 calls generated to the Animal Protection Center in 2 years. I have called 4 or 5 times this year and can't have my windows open to let cool air in or I won't sleep. She had a permit to have extra dogs in the city. They revoked her permit and wrote a citation which wasn't her first. Maybe now it will get better.

If you were not from California, I wouldn't believe you :)

Yep, we have 7 in our flock currently. That pine shaving dust in their coop is no joke. Great material as a layer for their nesting box and below their roost but hell on the lungs.

nothing better than a buried ccock....

lol.....ordered 12 day old chicks from Valley hatchery in January for delivery in March....they shipped 17 and every damn one survived....should have too many eggs by July

...a dozen eggs a day pile up fast....really fast. But everyone loves getting fresh eggs....

Gotta let them sit for three weeks to hard boil them though....

I buy brown eggs once in awhile. What kind of chicken lays brown eggs? Or is that from their diet?
ISA Brown is the breed that I raise and they lay brown eggs. We also raise Easter Eggers and they lay anywhere from white to brown to blue and green eggs. The color of eggs from each hen on any given day are completely random.

no they aren't....white leghorns always lay white and Rhode Islands lay nothing bit brown....

38 adults
Plus bout 11 laying chicks we got last week and
16 meat bird chicks left from the same order.
Plus ducks whom are now hatching ducklings.
2 ******* geese
2 breeding sow pigs and a boar, one butcher pig left and 12 piglets on the ground.
And a bunch of hounds, a cow dog and a shih tzu
And then there's the kids inside critters. A guinea pig, tow parakeets, 2 cats, and some fish.
And my wife wants goats or a cow for milk.

38 adults
Plus bout 11 laying chicks we got last week and
16 meat bird chicks left from the same order.
Plus ducks whom are now hatching ducklings.
2 ******* geese
2 breeding sow pigs and a boar, one butcher pig left and 12 piglets on the ground.
And a bunch of hounds, a cow dog and a shih tzu
And then there's the kids inside critters. A guinea pig, tow parakeets, 2 cats, and some fish.
And my wife wants goats or a cow for milk.
uh....get the cow for milk.....goat milk is for the dogs...if they'll drink it

My wife was raised around the goats. My mother in law brought one of her milkers over for a while when she watched the house. The dogs were pissed when she left. Lol.

We actually like it.
uh....get the cow for milk.....goat milk is for the dogs...if they'll drink it

We have Easter Eggers, Barnvelders, Rhode Island Red and Brown SexLinks. I saw the Dr today and I have Asthma from it.
Started Steroids and feels like Strep. What a mistake I made. Might of got Pneumonia without seeing the Dr.

We have Easter Eggers, Barnvelders, Rhode Island Red and Brown SexLinks. I saw the Dr today and I have Asthma from it.
Started Steroids and feels like Strep. What a mistake I made. Might of got Pneumonia without seeing the Dr.
Good. I'd hate to think a chicken killed you.

All I know homer is she's got a pile of them along with here golden pheasants and her goats it keeps her busy

From the dead???Better smoke another Hooter Eel..pretty sure Karen will share with you...:D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom