ANY OF YOU SOUTH-PAWS EVER TRY ONE OF THESE???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
southpaw.jpg

That looks like its for a left eye dominant person, which isn’t necessarily only lefties.

There’s an ass for every seat.

Well, I'm a lefty & I have owned & fired countless right hand bolt guns. I don't think I would care to shoot the one in the picture. Especially if it is a hard kicking caliber. It is clearly a right-handed, bolt action rifle, with a right-handed stock (notice the cheek piece is on the left side of the stock). This is set up for a right-handed shooter all the way. What makes this stock so different is the substantial amount of "cast off".
I can't be sure without seeing a side view but, this stock looks a lot like it was made by Harry Lawson.

I’ve seen that design in shotguns before but never rifles. The purpose is right hand form, left eye use. I still think it would be fun to try. It would feel totally bass akwards, but worth a shot because I can’t see nothing out of my right eye anyways.

Hmm- why not build a left-leaning scope mount that fits a regular gun instead. Maybe too much inertia to be stable?

I had a one eyed buddy that used one exactly like that...he shot just as good aiming with the wooden eye side....

It's called Pyronines Disease, slight curve. According to the commercial hang a horseshoe on it to straighten it out. Can't use it for a couple months.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom