Any powder other than BH209?

BCnimrod

Anyone have experience using any other powder in a Remington ultimate muzzloader than Blackhorn. I’ve been looking and im on a bunch of the lists to be updated when it gets in stock but I’m kind of tired of waiting. I’d like to get set up and ready to hunt. Wondering if people use 777? Pellets? Or anything else? Thanks for your help.

I have never used anything but powder (777, pyrodex, ect). See no reason to spend the extra for pellets and make it harder to tweak a load. With powder you can change to any amount you want to find the sweet spot for your gun

777 works just as good as BH 209, and it is easy to clean, just have to swab a lot more and clean up the day your shoot.

4 pellets of 777 is what I was recommended to shoot when I bought first remington and have had great results and have continued to shoot it to this time. Several of us have the remington's and shoot 777. I do know several that have used other powdets, but 777 works for me so why change.

Blackhorn will gas cut the breach plug of your ultimate. It’s designed for 777 pellets. I would send it in to arrowhead precision and get the breach plug changed to one that is safe for blackhorn and then find some. The problem with 777 is it is water soluble so the varying humidity in the air is gonna make a huge difference on how it shoots. Especially on how the residue in the barrel acts. That’s why guys will shoot 1” groups with their new gun then take it out a month later and it’ll be a 3” group and they’ll need to readjust their scope. Got sick of banging my head against the wall and I’ll never shoot that garbage again.

Thanks for the reply’s I’d love to shoot Blackhorn. But I have just Enough to get a load figured out and then I’d run out so I would not be able to hunt or shoot. I think for now I’ll try some 777 and with Barnes or Parker’s and see what happens. 4 pellets sounds like I’m probably not going to want to shoot it to much but that’s what the gun was built to do so it should be interesting.

Thanks for the reply’s I’d love to shoot Blackhorn. But I have just Enough to get a load figured out and then I’d run out so I would not be able to hunt or shoot. I think for now I’ll try some 777 and with Barnes or Parker’s and see what happens. 4 pellets sounds like I’m probably not going to want to shoot it to much but that’s what the gun was built to do so it should be interesting.
Yep. Remington recommends 777 and sends the Barnes 250 grain bullets and works for me. My avatar is proof it works?. Much success on deer and elk with the remington and that load.

If ya come through Vegas or somewhere close by give me a holler. I have plenty of triple 7 pellets and primers for it. I won't be using it anymore.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom