Any Recipes for Mutton?

technically it wouldn't be mutton,mutton is specifically a female sheep that is 3 years or older (lamb would be a younger sheep typically in its first year at time of butcher). However, I would imagine you could make it any way you would do lamb. The majority of the lamb I cook is the leg. No idea if it is similar, but if you look up lamb leg recipes you will be able to find a roast leg of lamb that would suit your tastes (tons of different ways to do it). I know this isn't specific but I hope it helps. Also, you could make an irish lamb stew with some of the other parts (or even the leg, but no sense in wasting a good roasting leg on this). This is absolutely delicious and I make it at least once a year on st. patty's day (look for a recipe that uses a base from the bone and some of the other parts, beer preferably guinness or smithwicks, fresh tyme, a little bit of clove and allspice, red potatoes, carrots, leek,little garlic). PM me sometime and I could give you the exact recipe, just don't have it at the moment. This should cut down the gamey taste quite a bit as well if there is any.

If you know any Navajo indians ask them. I'm sure that if the individual can't tell you then he knows how to find out for you. That's what I would do. Mutton is a staple food in the Navajo nation.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak."
-Ted Nugent-

Garlic,lots of garlic rub with pepper,italian seasoning,and oil cook at a low temp for a long time. On the not so good cuts of meat cut in to strips cook on griddle with onions,garlic peppers,noodles and oil add your favor hot sauce and enjoy.

I took my wife to a party, she was horrified to hear that they were serving mutton. The cook sprinkled the mutton chops/steaks with garlic powder, then deep fried them in a dutch oven that had about 2-3 inches of oil. He had added a cup of salt to the oil. The steaks were cooked until the fat was crisp. They actually tasted very good. However, my wife who was pregnant at the time, puked out behind the cabin, and now she really really hates mutton.

feed it to your dog and go get some beef. lol mutton is tolerable in a dutch oven if its all you have to eat

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom