Any SPOT GPS Deals?

m1fan

Very Active Member
Getting ready to start scouting. Looking for a deal on a SPOT GPS and the service. Anyone know of any out there? A few years back, I found a deal where the service was free with the purchase of the unit. I think that was posted on either a motorcycle or off-road forum.

Thanks!

RE: Any SPOT GPS Deals? (Got me a Delorme)

After doing some research, I ditched the SPOT idea and went to REI and got the Delorme Inreach Explorer. The current sale at REI made it nice and the features this unit has sold me. I had 2 previous SPOTs and after playing with the Inreach, I am glad I got it!

The Delorme Inreach are about $100 off at REI right now and you don't need to be a member to get the sale price. I just ordered one this afternoon.

I think you'll like the InReach a lot better. You don't need to buy a year membership and you can text message rather than only have a couple buttons to relay a couple messages.

Which model of inReach did you guys go with and how do you like them?

I got the Explorer version and have had it out a few times to include in a plane. I like it much better than the SPOT.

What advantages does the Explorer have over the SE? Have you paired it with an iPhone? If you do that, then do you just use your phone to send and receive texts? They don't seem to want to give much info on these units.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom