Any tips or recipes for elk venison?

M

muleystopper

Does any body have any good recipes or tips for really tough elk venison to make tender?
mom doesn't cook for me anymore and my wife thinks she is allergic to wild game and I am a retarded chef.

I'd use a vinegar & beer marinade. One can of Coors or Bud & about 1/2 cup of vinegar and soak the meat in it for a few hours and try it. You might want to add some garlic & pepper spice to the mix. Rinse the meat before grilling so that it doesn't taste like vinegar.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak."
-Ted Nugent-

Make a marinade using Coke (a-cola) 1 can with 1/4 ts garlic pdr and 1/4 ts onion pdr. Marinate steaks several hrs. or overnite. Drain off marinade and cook over hot grill (charcoal is best) Brown on each side, med-rare is best. If you choose, brush on your favorite BBQ sauce after you turn the steak. If you can't handle the med/rare turn the steaks a couple more times. Don't over cook.

Cut it into really thin strips and make fajitas with peppers and onions. Most fajita spice mixes are fine for venison.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom