Any Truth to the Rumor?

Phantom Hunter

Very Active Member
I heard a rumor today that Colorado has banned lead bullets for this fall! I could see this happening with all the liberal leaning folks in Colorado but wouldn’t that rule have to be passed several months before season and the Proclamation was published???

That is my thoughts. I would not be surprised to see it in a few years though.
I've said it many times over the years, Cali exports it's bullpoo EVERYWHERE and if outdoorsman give them an inch, just like "common sense" gun control, they'll take a mile or as much as we will today. Then there's tomorrow....

Lead bullet warnings on the big game booklet for a couple years now too.

They will eventually go to it just like Cali:mad: But remember, Barnes X bullets (COPPER) have been around forever, even for dangerous game and they have done just fine. I'm not a fan, but just saying, copper will do the trick. We have all found that out here in Ca.:mad: It takes some getting used to and shot placement is critical, but it does kill. Again I'm not a fan just like steel shot for birds, but it is what it is, they are going to do what they want!!!!!

It was proposed a few years ago, i think.
I don’t remember that, but aint surprised. The eagles here are on the prairie dogs before the lead cools. Plus one of the condors from the Grand Canyon flew over the place a few years back so it’s just a matter of time.

WELL, THIS CALI AVID HUNTER CAN SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE !!! ALL IT TAKES IS A CONDOR OR TWO TO BE SPOTTED IN YOUR STATE TO BE LEAD FREE. THE COPPER BULLET JUST PASSES THROUGH DOING SOME DAMAGE, BUT NOTHING LIKE THE MUSHROOMING OF THE LEADED PROJECTILE. MOST OF MY COPPER BULLET NEGATIVE EXPERIENCES ARE WITH HOGS, DEER , & ELK. IF YOU HIT HEAVY BONE STRUCTURE YOUR BETTER OFF, BUT I HAVE HAD ANIMALS HIT IN THE BOILER ROOM AND JUST RUN OFF & DIE IN PARTS UNKNOWN. WITH COPPER BULLETS YOUR TRACKING SKILLS DO COME INTO PLAY. SHOOT STRAIGHT............................YD.

WELL, THIS CALI AVID HUNTER CAN SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE !!! ALL IT TAKES IS A CONDOR OR TWO TO BE SPOTTED IN YOUR STATE TO BE LEAD FREE. THE COPPER BULLET JUST PASSES THROUGH DOING SOME DAMAGE, BUT NOTHING LIKE THE MUSHROOMING OF THE LEADED PROJECTILE. MOST OF MY COPPER BULLET NEGATIVE EXPERIENCES ARE WITH HOGS, DEER , & ELK. IF YOU HIT HEAVY BONE STRUCTURE YOUR BETTER OFF, BUT I HAVE HAD ANIMALS HIT IN THE BOILER ROOM AND JUST RUN OFF & DIE IN PARTS UNKNOWN. WITH COPPER BULLETS YOUR TRACKING SKILLS DO COME INTO PLAY. SHOOT STRAIGHT............................YD.
Yup. Copper bullets are crap.

Condors in the Sierra's eat asphalt shingles off the rooves of cabins and houses. Lead from bullets is the least of their problems.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom