Wanted Any unwanted scopes needing new home? Good cause!

Katoom

This is a shot in the dark, but what the heck. Is anyone looking to clear out clutter and offer me a screaming deal on a decent but maybe older, maybe cosmetically scratched up scope (2-7 ish or 3-9 ish)? I am taking two buddies out on their 1st western hunts and am basically supplying everything except clothing and will probably be offering that as well. Truck, tent, cots, lanterns, tools, processing gear, coolers, packs, knowledge... all on me. I offered them both loaned rifles and my ammo, and range time at my rifle club. Then I realized how deep I was into this plan and am getting nervous about handing over my walnut stocked rifles which are priced (and personally meaningful to me) and in fine condition way over what I am comfortable with. Again, these are inexperienced hunters I am bringing and I want them enjoying it, as well as remaining my friends after! I believe its not fair to loan somebody something and then sweat or get upset if it gets scratched dented or broken accidentally. But I know me, and I might. So I just bought ANOTHER 2 additional rifles (one Ruger American and another used Rem 700) that I will keep as loaners, to save me, and them, the stress and heartache if something goes south. These 2 are good guys, and they are NOT taking advantage of me - I invited them. But I am approaching maximum cash-out threshold on their behalf. I don’t trust ebay... and want to put something halfway decent, even if somewhat ugly, on their guns, so I’m looking here to see if there are any quality scopes collecting dust you might part with for low/affordable but fair compensation. Please PM me if you have something for me to mull over. Sorry for the long post!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Hey Katoom!

Quit BS'ing us & Loan them a couple of your Weatherby's!:D

Oh!

And Did I Mention:

I'd Like You to take me Hunting this Fall!:D

Katoom

Hey Katoom!

Quit BS'ing us & Loan them a couple of your Weatherby's!:D

Oh!

And Did I Mention:

I'd Like You to take me Hunting this Fall!:D

Might have to take you up on the partnership.... I KNOW you have trusty rifles of your own to rely on. Good camp-mates are extraordinarily hard for me to find, especially when coming fully from the east, and behind enemy lines. There are not that many per-capita who hunt, and of those, 99% are totally scared off at the difficulty and expense of doing these trips, and that is BEFORE they have dealt with 30 hour drives, altitude, weather and packing an elk. So I am willing to extend as much help as I can to facilitate, but this is bordering on the ridiculous!

hawkbill

I have a couple of scopes that came off rifles from sportsman warehouse, I really don’t Evan know who made them, but if this is something your after you can have them. Once again the quaity just isn’t there. Have fun on your hunt, I did the same thing you are doing last year. It’s a lot of work trying to dial in a couple people, with guns, gear and equipment. Oh buy the way you will need to get them binoculars and spotting scopes also

nontypical

Long Time Member
I have 3 scopes collecting dust. 1. Redfield widefield straight 4X. 2. Bushnell Banner straight 4X. 3. Burris 3.5x-10x. I'll make you a screaming deal but you must take all 3. :)

Katoom

Hey everyone - Thanks for the responses. I found a really good deal on two Nikons and so I am (or should I say my buddies) are set. They are on their own for binoc, spotters! I am OUTTA CASH! If you are looking to sell or move along those scopes, or any other old gear, try to help someone out, a kid, a buddy, even a stranger. A helping hand from some of us more fortunate or knowledeable can go a long way toward getting people over the hump in this sport. I think we all can take it for granted how expensive it is just to get prepped for your first hunt, for most of us, it has been a lifetime accumulation. Imagine trying to get started now as a poor kid who has no mentor, or as an adult onset hunter. Thanks again for trying to help me out with my friends, but I am all good and set.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Top Bottom