ANY WORD ON A BIG BOOK CLIFFS BULL TAKEN???

While we were hunting bison this past weekend, we had a truck drive by on Sunday with a nice 6 point bull in the back. It wasn’t anything huge but a real nice bull for the Book Cliffs.

While we were hunting bison this past weekend, we had a truck drive by on Sunday with a nice 6 point bull in the back. It wasn’t anything huge but a real nice bull for the Book Cliffs.
The largest 6x6 bull in the world was killed in the book cliffs. And there have been many giants killed out there in the past.

Past being key word, and maybe that's what you meant by "nice bull for the bookcliffs" but the unit has potential for as big a bulls as anywhere if they would just manage it correctly.

The largest 6x6 bull in the world was killed in the book cliffs. And there have been many giants killed out there in the past.

Past being key word, and maybe that's what you meant by "nice bull for the bookcliffs" but the unit has potential for as big a bulls as anywhere if they would just manage it correctly.
The largest 6x6 bull was killed in arizona by alonzo winters.

by definition maybe, but his 7th little tiny point doesn't make his 6 point frame any smaller. That's a 440" typical 6 point. So that book cliffs bull must be bigger than that, which i doubt since the 7th point is so small and it's the world record. I'd love to see the picture and score but there's no chance he's bigger than the world record that is really just a 6 point with a tiny little extra.

by definition maybe, but his 7th little tiny point doesn't make his 6 point frame any smaller. That's a 440" typical 6 point. So that book cliffs bull must be bigger than that, which i doubt since the 7th point is so small and it's the world record. I'd love to see the picture and score but there's no chance he's bigger than the world record that is really just a 6 point with a tiny little extra.

Largest true 6x6 bull, yeah it might be a little extra but it's still a extra, and he is a 6x7.

This bull is a strait 6x6.

To my knowledge there hasn't been another true 6x6 killed that is bigger.

Does that 7th little point measure and count on his score?

Homer he no how 2 reed reel goods. I wouldn’t go against that man. Point for homer on this one. He’s also the grammar police that’s why I side with him.

Homer he no how 2 reed reel goods. I wouldn’t go against that man. Point for homer on this one. He’s also the grammar police that’s why I side with him.
And bravo homer if you don’t know proper English and history your teaching CRT.

Largest true 6x6 bull, yeah it might be a little extra but it's still a extra, and he is a 6x7.

This bull is a strait 6x6.

To my knowledge there hasn't been another true 6x6 killed that is bigger.
Who's the guy kneeling beside the bull?

The winters bull netted 442” that makes him a much bigger 6 point. He may have a little kicker but he’s still got a bigger 6 point frame. You can’t hold width against him because it’s part of the score. I didn’t say the book cliffs bull isn’t a giant. I said he’s not the biggest 6 point ever killed. Take the little 7th point away and he’s still out scores the book cliffs bull by quite a bit.

The winters bull netted 442” that makes him a much bigger 6 point. He may have a little kicker but he’s still got a bigger 6 point frame. You can’t hold width against him because it’s part of the score. I didn’t say the book cliffs bull isn’t a giant. I said he’s not the biggest 6 point ever killed. Take the little 7th point away and he’s still out scores the book cliffs bull by quite a bit.
And like I said he is a 6x7, I don't care if its only 2 inches its still a 7 point. I fail to see why that is so hard for you to understand. LOL

I'm not taking anything away from him he is a giant amazing bull. And I get what you are saying but the fact is he is still a 6x7.

The Bookcliffs bull is the largest true 6x6 ever killed. I didn't say largest 6x6 frame, I said largest 6x6. Yes the WR has a larger frame I will concede that point to you.

Funny what this post has turned into. LOL

So Bess what's the skinny on the big book cliffs bull killed since you obviously have some knowledge of something.

Utah Legend Down❗❗️2021 Sportsman tag recipient Jerry Hatch with a GIANT 422 Bull❗❗❗❗️Jerry's brother Frank was all in on it and was able to get is this awesome hunt summary~

~ When I found out my brother Jerry won the lottery for the most coveted tag in Utah we knew we needed to call the best outfitter (and friend) in the west. A few calls to Doyle Moss of Mossback Outfitters and the game was on. He immediately put his guides to work locating a giant bull. It didn't take long and we had our #1 bull on the radar. We decided to try and get him with a bow but due to major pressure in the area he disappeared. Finally the day we could hunt with a rifle was here and the guys found the bull. Due to some medical issues I was at home getting the play by play via text messaging when they had service. My nerves and emotions were on edge. Rain and fog set in on Jerry and they only got a glimpse of him. They spent the day in a downpour of rain and fog. When it finally lifted late in the evening I got the text that every hunter loves to hear, We got a bullet in him. I felt all the emotions of happy, sad, and I needed to get there to be with my brother. Finally my son had service and called and said they decided to pull out for the night just to be safe. The next morning was amazing when I got the satellite text they had found him. When I arrived they were just finishing packing the bull out. After a long and emotional hug I got to enjoy looking at a giant bull that most hunters only dream of. Doyle and the Mossback team made the dream come true for my brother, there is no doubt they are the best at what they do and I wouldn't trust anyone else with helping us with such a coveted tag. Thanks to my brother for letting me part of this.

Special thanks to all those who helped Jerry make a dream come true! Jerry wanted to thank Frank Hatch ,Scott Hatch ,Cole Mechum ,Ryan Alexander ,Matt Richards , Mossback guides Richie, Brent, Reed and of course Doyle Moss and the whole Mossback Team. Least not forget to thank god and my mom!

2E75F53B-B673-493A-8FAA-E2D587096C2B.png

I could be wrong, but that does not look like the Book Cliffs at all. I am guessing that is a Beaver or Boulder bull based on the pics...and size of the bull ;)

Not like the ones in all the posts I've seen of this bull online
whatever muffs you just want the heat off the bookcliffs. Misinformation is still information

BOOKS PRODUCES 400" BULLS. POINT CREEP COMING AT YOU......NOW!!!!!

whatever muffs you just want the heat off the bookcliffs. Misinformation is still information

BOOKS PRODUCES 400" BULLS. POINT CREEP COMING AT YOU......NOW!!!!!
Lol They can have it, I won't be putting in out there any time soon, even if one big bull did make it long enough to show his potential.

I would bet that this is the alleged books giant, I would also bet that this isn’t a books bull. Just like last year’s sportsmans bull was a wasatch bull until it wasn’t ?

I'm a Thinking that Might Be a Dutton Bull?

Like You've Heard Me say Many a Times:

The Time Stories Reach the Basin they've been Stretched!

Doesn't Matter where it Came From that's a Dandy Bull!

We got a bullet in him. Wow. mtmuley
My thoughts exactly.

hey bessy, does this not fly in the face of everything negative you say about stick flippers?

could you imagine how some would react if someone came on here and said:

“well we saw a + 400” bull and we got an arrow in him.”

I Flip Sticks a Little Myself!

That Word "StickFlipper" Must Really Agitate Some Hunters?

Even Though I Use The Word Quite a Bit!

It's Usually Not Used Against Them!

I'm Hoping The DWR Starts a Shotgun Elk Hunt!

Then I Can Say:

At Least I Got Some BuckShot in Him!:D

Let Me Guess DBG?

You Bought You a Bow?

I Mean A StickFlipper?:D

My thoughts exactly.

hey bessy, does this not fly in the face of everything negative you say about stick flippers?

could you imagine how some would react if someone came on here and said:

“well we saw a + 400” bull and we got an arrow in him.”

I Flip Sticks a Little Myself!

That Word "StickFlipper" Must Really Agitate Some Hunters?

Even Though I Use The Word Quite a Bit!

It's Usually Not Used Against Them!

I'm Hoping The DWR Starts a Shotgun Elk Hunt!

Then I Can Say:

At Least I Got Some BuckShot in Him!:D

Let Me Guess DBG?

You Bought You a Bow?

I Mean A StickFlipper?:D
I have always had a bow bessy. I was just saying that some people would be more bothered by me saying I have gotten an arrow in him, compared to I got a bullet in him.

RAZZIN Ya DBG!

You Know That!

You Gettin Any Time Off For Hunting

yeah I am going to help on the Wasatch muzzy hunt (Ron and Katie are coming out again.) at the moment it looks as though I should have the whole of October off. So I will at least get the rifle hunts in again.

Utah Legend Down❗❗️2021 Sportsman tag recipient Jerry Hatch with a GIANT 422 Bull❗❗❗❗️Jerry's brother Frank was all in on it and was able to get is this awesome hunt summary~

~ When I found out my brother Jerry won the lottery for the most coveted tag in Utah we knew we needed to call the best outfitter (and friend) in the west. A few calls to Doyle Moss of Mossback Outfitters and the game was on. He immediately put his guides to work locating a giant bull. It didn't take long and we had our #1 bull on the radar. We decided to try and get him with a bow but due to major pressure in the area he disappeared. Finally the day we could hunt with a rifle was here and the guys found the bull. Due to some medical issues I was at home getting the play by play via text messaging when they had service. My nerves and emotions were on edge. Rain and fog set in on Jerry and they only got a glimpse of him. They spent the day in a downpour of rain and fog. When it finally lifted late in the evening I got the text that every hunter loves to hear, We got a bullet in him. I felt all the emotions of happy, sad, and I needed to get there to be with my brother. Finally my son had service and called and said they decided to pull out for the night just to be safe. The next morning was amazing when I got the satellite text they had found him. When I arrived they were just finishing packing the bull out. After a long and emotional hug I got to enjoy looking at a giant bull that most hunters only dream of. Doyle and the Mossback team made the dream come true for my brother, there is no doubt they are the best at what they do and I wouldn't trust anyone else with helping us with such a coveted tag. Thanks to my brother for letting me part of this.

Special thanks to all those who helped Jerry make a dream come true! Jerry wanted to thank Frank Hatch ,Scott Hatch ,Cole Mechum ,Ryan Alexander ,Matt Richards , Mossback guides Richie, Brent, Reed and of course Doyle Moss and the whole Mossback Team. Least not forget to thank god and my mom!

View attachment 51374
This bull is most definitely not off the Book Cliffs, not even remotely close.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom