ANYBODY NOTICE THE QUALITY OF PAPER OUR TAGS ARE MADE OF NOW???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
The Older Licenses/Tags Use To Be Made Out Of Some Perty Tough Paper!

We Always Tape Our Tags To The Antlers After Being Notched With Black Electrical Tape!

Had A Pack Out With Conditions This Year and When I Looked At The Tag a couple Days Later It Was Perty Much JUNK!

Yes,It Got Wet!

Yes,It Got Scuffed!

But I've Never Seen JUNK Like This!

I Can't Wait For A Warden to Say:

What Happened To Your Tag?

Total F'N TRASH!

Yeah, the quality of the paper has really gone to sh!t the last couple years. I try to remember to bring a ziploc to put it in before I affix it to the animal now.

Montana recommends you put them in a plastic bag. They also recommend you download license and tags onto your smart phone. I can see where this is headed.

I bought a multi year combo license recently and they never sent me a paper version of it. I called and the gal at the counter said they are not sending general hunting licenses out in a lot of cases unless requested. She said most folks have the app and just use the electronic version of the license. She said they were having a hard time getting the high quality paper version. Most states don't send out general hunting or small game licenses anymore and you have to print them. I have seen it with Wyoming, Arizona, South Dakota, and a few others

I hate the new electronic only license route we are going.
I don’t carry a phone while hunting, it ruins the experience of being in the quiet woods.
My Dad does not even own a phone.
I guess as long as they offer paper copies ‘upon request’ that is all I can ask for…..

Cut the tag and put it in your pocket or wallet. IF you get checked you have it ready and readable. Put in a plastic bag with the meat is another option. I agree not a weather proof.

The Older Licenses/Tags Use To Be Made Out Of Some Perty Tough Paper!

We Always Tape Our Tags To The Antlers After Being Notched With Black Electrical Tape!

Had A Pack Out With Conditions This Year and When I Looked At The Tag a couple Days Later It Was Perty Much JUNK!

Yes,It Got Wet!

Yes,It Got Scuffed!

But I've Never Seen JUNK Like This!

I Can't Wait For A Warden to Say:

What Happened To Your Tag?

Total F'N TRASH!

It's because they used to get their license paper from China. Now it's in short supply and too expensive to make it domestically.

Hell I didn’t even get a paper tag for my combo license they ran outtta paper and told me to print my own

I have not hunted a lot in other states, only a handful of times. But I have fished quite a bit in other states, and unless I’m buying a license in the state at a retail establishment, I’ve never not had to just print my fishing license myself and carry it with me on whatever paper I printed it on.

I don’t see this as anything new or even unique to Utah. It’s been going on for a long time all around us. And yes, the new tag paper is trash, so plan accordingly.

It's probably like everything the State (and everyone else) is dealing with as far as supply chain issues go (or so they say). I know registration decals for vehicles have been in very short supply because they couldn't get the material to make the decals. In fact, it got to a point where they were issuing registrations for vehicles and giving customers/drivers an IOU for the decal because they didn't have any. Could also be to cut costs (or a combination of both).

At least you don’t have the crap California prints tags on. It’s some type of plastic that fades out if you leave it on your dashboard.

We have now reached the end. Founder, shut the entire site down.

When dudes start bitching about paper, we have reached the point of no return.

Been a good run I guess, we've solved a lot of the world's problems. But, now we've reached the paper *****, only thing left is rocks and scissors, and we all know the Chinaman makes the scissors.

Hey Hossy!

I Guess riding Around On/In A Heated Rig Road Hunting Your Tag Stays in Perfect Shape?

Carry On!

We have now reached the end. Founder, shut the entire site down.

When dudes start bitching about paper, we have reached the point of no return.

Been a good run I guess, we've solved a lot of the world's problems. But, now we've reached the paper *****, only thing left is rocks and scissors, and we all know the Chinaman makes the scissors.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom