Anyone been involuntarily seperated...

NeMont

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-09 AT 12:36PM (MST)[p]... from employment? I just got done with going through the required training on the new COBRA subsidy program that was passed in the Stimlous package. If you were involuntarily seperated, even if is was a mutual agreement between you and your employer, you may be eligible for a 65% subsidy for your COBRA premium. Contact your former employer for guidance.

If you are an employer who has laidoff employees there are some hoops to jump through.

Nemont

If I fire my wife can she get money? I think we could reach a mutual agreement that she wouldn't work with me anymore pretty easy.

I do, but only for about a month. the only things I ever qualify for are bad.

Im so glad the government is borrowing money to give to insurance companys, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-09 AT 07:45AM (MST)[p]Me too, like the $180 billion Bush gave to AIG (n financial insurance company) . . . but now it's obama's fault. . . LOL

Thanks for the post nemont. . .

One more thing, I thought it was clintons fault?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-09 AT 12:58PM (MST)[p]I just read where AIG is going to need another $200 Billion to keep operating through 2009!!!!

There are some interesting things behind the scenes in regards why the government continues to throw money down the AIG black hole. It is disgusting.

The AIG bailout is just a cloaked mechanism for additional money to go to Wall Street Bankers, Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan are the two biggest holders of AIG's credit default swaps. So money pumped into AIG is laundered and then put into these banks.

Piper,
It is a crazy system that has been put into place. COBRA has always been paid by the seperated employee but in this plan the premium is paid 35% by the employee, 65% is fronted by the employer who gets a credit back on his/her payroll taxed paid in. If the tax credit is less that the subsidy paid then the government cuts the employer a check. These leaves the employer acting as the bank for the government. Weird system.

HD,

No you have employ those employees for 6 months out of 12 months and also your coverage has to be group.

T,

Clintons fault? I thought everything bad in the world was Bush's fault?

Nemont

I guess it depends on who's side youre now on. . . Until Obama, everything was Bush's fault if it was not Clintons, now, even though Obama's been in the drivers seat for about two month's you'd think he was responsible for the "3" car going into the wall. . .

Nemont, thanks for explaining the COBRA thing. I was wondering how it worked.

I don't need it now, but things are getting pretty ugly out there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom