Anyone burning points on a Wyoming general tag?

Wondering if anyone is burning points on a general tag this year? I have 1 point, hoping to find someone else that I can increase my odds since they are already burning points. If not I’ll be putting in for the special tag. Just want to draw this year and hope someone is ready to burn points. Thanks

I will jump in to this thread and say that I am also looking to join someone applying for a general tag in WYoming if they have a few points. And I am willing to make it worth your while... Send me a PM.
Thanks,
Bill

I won't be. I've done general season before and it was a good hunt, but I'd rather build points until I can draw another great hunt.

It’s 100% legal to apply with others in a party but when $ or goods are exchanged I’m pretty sure it’s illegal.

I bet your 1 PP gets a lot fewer offers to share than the guy with 12 PP.

Good luck though, might get lucky in the random draw without sharing.

Buzz, what’s your explanation? Is it legal to accept $ or goods from someone to apply in a party? I’m pretty sure that’s illegal?

from 2018 when this was discussed

Re: Preference Point and Compensation

Bob,

I am not a lawyer, so please don’t take any of the following as legal advice. .........

As you will see, the questions you pose regarding being included in a party application and paying or receiving money for yours/others preference points as a party application member, and providing logistical/general hunting help are questions that are not clearly answered by the statutes and rules. Ultimately, it will be up to a court to decide, if and when a prosecutor brings charges.

Regarding Hunt Swapping - please see Wyoming Statute 23-3-401, which can be found on the Outfitter Board website.

xxxxx xxxxx Wildlife Division Wyoming Game and Fish Department 3030 Energy Lane Casper, WY 82604 Office - (307) 473-3404 Fax - (307) 473-xxxx xxxx.xxxx@wyo.gov

Buzz, what’s your explanation? Is it legal to accept $ or goods from someone to apply in a party? I’m pretty sure that’s illegal?
Its not a hunt swap...I pay for my nephews licenses/Points in WY, AZ, UT, MT, etc.

Should I go to jail for that?

What law did I break?

Same if someone wants to pay to use someone's points or buy their license in exchange for points, there's no law, regulation or statute that says they cant.

Maybe you'll have to start ponying up a bit more than your "knowledge" for using your online "friends" points...

Point out the law, rule, regulation, or statute...

I know one thing, if WY ever passes a resident preference point system and point averaging is allowed, I'll be buying elk, deer, and pronghorn points for every one of my neighbors and all my resident hunting buddies that don't currently apply for LQ elk, deer, and pronghorn.

I'll also pay for their licenses when I average with them...they can hunt with me, hunt by themselves, or stay home and pitch their license in the garbage, doesn't matter to me.

I’m not going to be paying for someone else’s tag. Just figured maybe someone out there was tired of the point game and were cashing in. Guess it’ll be special draw for this year. I had never heard of the stories of outfitters or people offering to buy tags and pay for hunts just for other peoples points. Strange times I guess. Thanks to all who messaged.

There is lots of speculation and wild theories on this thread. I have applied with a group and am satisfied that we all benefit from the deal.

BuzzH makes a great case for NOT having points. What he suggests happens in many states. Heck, I pay for my sons tags / points and get to hunt with them regularly. No law against that whether they are a resident or non-resident. Many parents / grandparents pay for their kids tags.

We all know points aren't likely to go away, as states make a lot of money selling a perceived value for NOT hunting. Strange.

Each state has its own rules, and whether or not you like the rules, play within the system and nobody should cry foul. Of course this is the internet, so carry on...

Bill

You all are late . Bite the bullet , I had 11 points and a great Gentleman jumped on it . Will post pics at thanksgiving..Thanks to all you greedy outfitters who wanted 8-10 k I kill them every year in AZ for the size you can claim............BULL!

You all are late . Bite the bullet , I had 11 points and a great Gentleman jumped on it . Will post pics at thanksgiving..Thanks to all you greedy outfitters who wanted 8-10 k I kill them every year in AZ for the size you can claim............BULL!
if you can hunt 350 bulls every year in AZ why are you putting in for Wyoming? How are you getting a bull tag every year in AZ for a legit chance at a 350 bull?

Im figuring you’re in your late 50s so go ahead and post your last 20 AZ bulls. I know I know you’ve probably killed more like 40 but I’ll meet ya halfway.

if you can hunt 350 bulls every year in AZ why are you putting in for Wyoming? How are you getting a bull tag every year in AZ for a legit chance at a 350 bull?

Im figuring you’re in your late 50s so go ahead and post your last 20 AZ bulls. I know I know you’ve probably killed more like 40 but I’ll meet ya halfway.
Cue the crickets.......

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom