Anyone change or add an application?

buckhorn

Very Active Member
Since the deadline was extended did you change a choice or maybe add a new one during the extension?

Changed my 3rd choice and added a fourth. Don't think my example is what everybody's worried about.

I didn’t change my application but definitely thought about it.
In 2019 I burned all my deer points. In 2020 I applied for a Muzzy hunt that usually takes zero nonresident points to draw. Didn’t draw.

This year I applied for a 2nd season that 80% of non-residents drew with one point in 2020.
Not confident I’ll draw that this year.
I did hear rumors that there may be some tag increases in the area so who knows I may get lucky.
My second choice hunt will likely go in the first round this year also.

No I had to stick with the plan, although I'm 5 points over what it took to draw last year.
Good choice!
Unless of course it’s the same deer hunt I’m in for. lol
I only have one nonresident point though.
Is it safe to say what hunt you’re in for?

I didn’t change my application but definitely thought about it.
In 2019 I burned all my deer points. In 2020 I applied for a Muzzy hunt that usually takes zero nonresident points to draw. Didn’t draw.

This year I applied for a 2nd season that 80% of non-residents drew with one point in 2020.
Not confident I’ll draw that this year.
I did hear rumors that there may be some tag increases in the area so who knows I may get lucky.
My second choice hunt will likely go in the first round this year also.
I think we are applying for the same unit. I’d bet $ on it.

we’re applying with 3pts and hope it’s enough. Good luck ??

Yes sir. I was asleep at the wheel while on vacation in Mexico. The extension saved my bacon!
I feel so sorry for you Hawkeye being on vacation you slacker.
Just kidding bro ha ha.
I hope you didn’t apply for the same hunt as me. How many points you got for deer?

I was having second thoughts about switching but decided to stay the coarse.... Ill draw my tag hope fully the wife draws out to... I am not sure if I get back in or not will have to see how bad the point creep is in the lower point units.

nope. Like to put in a couple of us for 2nd, but conflicts with other states and those hunts. Stayed pat.

I think in some of the more popular areas i.e. Gunnison it is going to take more than 2 over to be going hunting this year unfortunately.

I am 5 over and still nervous

It’s apps like yours that will drive up creep ?. Not necessarily a bad thing, as it will get some big point holders out of the game. If you have lots of points, you deserve to go first. May help next year with people dumping more points than they should need this year.

I am not a doomsayer. I suspect a 1-2 point jump in most units with some people using way more than needed

I also applied for a 3rd. season tag with 19 points that took 13 to guarantee a tag last year. 4th season for that same unit from 2015 to 2019 only had one season with dates later than this years 3rd. season and that was only by one day. Fourth season took over 20 points to draw the last three years. I’m not causing point creep.I’m hoping for a deal.

Honestly if you have the points to force the draw this is the year to do it in order to partake in the potential great massacre of the remaining mature age class deer left in this state. I’m honestly sick to my stomach about repercussions the fall of 2021 is potentially going to create for the future of mule deer hunting in Colorado moving forward.

I decided to start burning my built up points a couple of years ago. The Colorado season date change didn’t really motivate me as I had been planning to use my 19 points this year anyway. We’ll see if the higher point holders are willing to use theirs in 55; what will be will be. I used the same philosophy when I burned my 19 Utah elk points in the Fishlake unit last year. I realized that I’ll never catch up with the thousand plus people in front of me chasing a handful of top unit tags each year. I had a really fun Muzzy rut hunt and killed a nice bull so I have no regrets about building and using the points. I’ll prolly try again next year in CO if I don’t draw this year. Time will tell.

Stayed the same for my wife and I. Applied once didn’t look back. I’m done with the Colorado points game. Hopefully Colorado won’t be my home for long..

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom