Anyone do a write up on your hunts?

Gadjet

06E612A3-7E8E-4233-98FA-2FEDD50319C1.jpeg

I sent in a little write up on my latest sheep hunt and just received my copy in the mail today. Pretty cool because my wife had her sheep hunting story published in the same magazine back in 2014.
Just wondering if anyone else on here has had their hunting stories published.

I had a write up in Muley Crazy back in 2013. Sent them my pics and a story. A couple months later, I got a copy of it in the mail. Even put my mug on the cover.

I've had a couple over the years. I figure my kids and grandkids will like it some day, plus I've gotten some pretty good promo gifts, like a new Mathews bow, so I think it's worth the effort.

I had a story in Eastmans for the buck in my avatar about a decade ago. I got a nice vortex rifle scope out of it and several copies of the magazine for posterity to have.

Like grizzly, I've received a rifle, pair of binos, tripods, and misc. other stuff for story contributions, but present day promo gifts are not near what they used to be. To me, the real perk for submitting a story is I'm forced to write down an experience I will eventually begin to forget.
Some of my grandkids think I'm a rock star because I'm on some old magazine covers (they don't know that they are just hunting magazines). And like most old guys, I mostly just enjoy reliving the past.

Like grizzly, I've received a rifle, pair of binos, tripods, and misc. other stuff for story contributions, but present day promo gifts are not near what they used to be. To me, the real perk for submitting a story is I'm forced to write down an experience I will eventually begin to forget.
Some of my grandkids think I'm a rock star because I'm on some old magazine covers (they don't know that they are just hunting magazines). And like most old guys, I mostly just enjoy reliving the past.
Always enjoyed your adventures! No doubt you have the passion!!!

Got a page in Eastman's about 30 years ago. Huntin' Fool and Muley Crazy for some pics. Western Outdoors about 40 yrs ago for a big mack caught on Flaming Gorge. Couple others I can't remember. Lol. I don't even read those anymore. Haven't for years.

Muley Crazy
Jan/Feb 2016 issue
Pages 43,44,45
Story of my hunt. 5 pics included.
Check it out.

There’s another great article in that issue titled:
MULE DEER HUNTING
(Why some hunters succeed annually and others don’t)
Ryan also mentions me in that article.
It’s a good read whether you like Ryan Hatch or not.

I’m done boasting now!
Cheers All

I actually have a draft some where of a story about a sheep hunt but didn't know who to send it to.
I reread it a few years ago and decided to scrap it ( not good) but now maybe I'll redo it and send it to WSF
give me some tips ??

My kids and grandkids have copies of many I have written that were published.
I really enjoyed doing it.
Something to pass down and to help other hunters be more successful.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom