Anyone else have thoughts on Nevada

I live in southern Nevada and run probably 30 cameras every year in the southern units. As much as I love running cams I am in favor of the proposed law. Elko county has there head in the sand on this one. If this law passes it will definitely be a win for the animals we love to hunt and sportsmen from all parts of Nevada. Hopefully the commissioners don't fumble the ball on this proposed law.

I think both of the proposed regulations in the linked article are reasonable, and probably beneficial to big game / wildlife. As far as the new system, I really cant say until all previous data has been migrated into it, and I have gone thru an application process.

I agree. Cameras are out of control. Every water hole I went to during scouting as well as hunting this year had multiple cameras. Not just water holes but guzzlers also.

You boys will find out real quick you dont have the officers to patrol shed hunting! Just like in wy it only hurts the good guys!
37205hornkiller.jpg

The proposed regulation as written will make things worse in my opinion. I would be the first to agree that there needs to be change when it comes to game cameras.
Now instead of having 3-5 cameras on a spring there will be 30 cameras on every trail leading to the spring.
If there are areas that cameras are impacting wildlife then manage those areas.
The exemption for private property will be challenged as well.

What ever came of these proposed ideas did they pass or did they get shot down. Shed seasons are the stupidest idea Wyoming, Colorado and Utah cant enforce it. Nevada will do no better, too much country and not enough boots on the ground to bust offenders.

"We don't have a gun problem we have prescription drug problem."

i have no problems with trail cameras at all. I just think they should be off the mountain by aug 1st every year and jan 1st you can put them back out. All fall they should be off limits

Shed hunting is shut down from Jan 1 to end of March on most of the counties that have elk. They might not enforce it this year since it will become law part way through the closure and the winter has not been too bad. Trail cams are prohibited from Aug 1 to end of year, and the 300 feet from water part was taken out so all cams are prohibited. Go to the Nevada Wildlife commission meeting link in the facebook page to see the meeting.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom