Anyone have an elk permit around Jackson/Wilson?

c3

Very Active Member
I found 16 bulls up there over the 4th and got a ton of great film. This one was the coolest looking one to me, but there was one other bigger 6x6 as well.

http://youtu.be/_1qjieBlEnc?hd=1

If anyone has a tag up that way, give me a shout and I'll let you know where they were last weekend.

Cheers,
Pete

RE: What Elk Unit is That?

He's probably talking about unit 78, which is a LE tag. If it's to the south of there, it's in 85 and that's on a General tag.

It's unit 78.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes here. If you know someone with a tag I'd be happy to point them in the right direction.

As a side I'd be curious as to where they go during the archery season. I have a few points up there and it would be an incredibly cool place to hunt bulls if they stay in that vacinity. Probably couldn't get permission on all the private land if they stay there though.

Cheers,
pete

looking at possibly drawing that unit in 2012.According to Eastmann's its 20% public, but 90% kill on Bulls. Anyone have any experience on the public ground hunting? Thanks so much

723img_1550.jpg

Pete

I have a 78 tag this year and am curious how big is the larger bull that you saw. I saw 15 bulls a couple of weeks ago when I took a drive thru 78, probably many of the same ones you saw. The photo I posted is a bull my wife killed about a month after I took the picture last year. Where did you see the bulls you saw. You can send me a pm if you'd like.

Thanks
Rob

I'd be jealous too :)

Here's a couple more bulls from up there. Not quite that standard but something to get the blood pumping!

Cheers,
Pete

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom