Anyone have experience with Leice Geovid HD-B binos?

DidIDraw

Just bought a used pair of the 2200 version binoculars (they are in perfect shape, don't look like they've ever been used). Took a bit of a chance since I had some issues years ago with a Leica range finder and there is no transferrable warranty - the price was really fair and I love a good deal.
The glass on these is amazing, much nicer than my zeiss or lower tier leicas - super happy with it. However, I can't get these to range anything over 300 yards. I tried my $300 leupold range finder and it can get a hit on the same things I'm trying with the binoculars. Any thoughts about what I might try here? I ordered a new battery that hasn't arrived yet.
Anyone have experience with how Leica might be to work with on this?

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
Sounds like it could be a weak battery, or that the laser is out of alignment (more likely) . I had a few problems with my 2200's and their customer service was very good. They offered to overnight me a loaner pair while mine were being repaired. (not working properly in cold weather. I think they have updated them since to rectify this issue), then when I got them back I found that they wouldn't range beyond about 3-400 yds. I sent them in for this, they sent them back saying the laser was out of alignment and they had been fixed. But the problem was still present. I contacted them and instead of continuing to try to repair them again, they upgraded me to the newest version (.com's) at no charge along with an apology for all the problems I had. No issues at all with the new pair...

So I had more than my share of problems but they stood behind their product and went above and beyond to make it right. And you're right, the glass is really nice. To my eyes I can't tell the difference between them and my Swaro's

Sounds like it could be a weak battery, or that the laser is out of alignment (more likely) . I had a few problems with my 2200's and their customer service was very good. They offered to overnight me a loaner pair while mine were being repaired. (not working properly in cold weather. I think they have updated them since to rectify this issue), then when I got them back I found that they wouldn't range beyond about 3-400 yds. I sent them in for this, they sent them back saying the laser was out of alignment and they had been fixed. But the problem was still present. I contacted them and instead of continuing to try to repair them again, they upgraded me to the newest version (.com's) at no charge along with an apology for all the problems I had. No issues at all with the new pair...

So I had more than my share of problems but they stood behind their product and went above and beyond to make it right. And you're right, the glass is really nice. To my eyes I can't tell the difference between them and my Swaro's
Thanks, I'll contact them

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom