Anyone heard of a scotch controller

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
I was told a little plate with connections by the bumper is called a switch controller and can be the cause of a strong 4.5 amp drain on ghe battery.
I I removed the ground return on the 2000 Silverado to get battery negative with the amp meter and found the strong drain in battery. Removed every fuse one at a time and the relays. Every single one and one at a time. The draw didn't disappear. I would think onenof them would remove the draw bit it didn't. I disconnected the brake controller also. It has been a problem for awhile but I haven't been driving it and had the negative lead on battery disconnected. So today was the day to troubleshoot as I had to tell Mama no honey do's until I have time to check it out. I guess I will either take it in or replace those connections. Maybe moisture and dirt got into this little board of connections near the bumper. It has stumped me so far. Finally the heat and frustration took over and I went inside.

Not a good pic as I didn't want to lay on my back on the pavement.
16856721518671386835060901672723.jpg

Those appear to be some lazy azz splices. I suppose you could start chasing things there.

If you want to buy some new toys, I’ve found that these gizmos make good connections.

Sopoby Solder Connectors:

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom