Anyone hunting 444 47 or 471 colorado?

Razorback

Hi all am headed out to hunt moose this weekend and will be there the duration of the season just seeing if anyone has any advise or has seen fresh moose sign in the area been scouting around stellar meadows and have had minimal success locating moose I’ve only came across one so far the last few weeks any help is greatly appreciated would love to cook some blackstrap over the fire with ya if I’m successful camped above elk wallow camp ground. For you elk hunters I have consistently seen a small herd of 20 or so elk early hanging on the ridge at the bottom of lime park towards Peter esten hut last few weeks starting to hear some bugling also good luck and be safe thanks in advance

Last edited:
Just returned from 444 and no sign of moose around CC reservoir. Would love to hear where you are seeing these elk as I've been hunting there most of the season and hitting it pretty hard in the area you noted. Since the Estin hut is near treeline, I'm kinda confused by where you've been seeing the elk. PM would be greatly appreciated!! I've only seen 2 moose in hunting that area for about 35 years so guessing they must be elsewhere in the unit. Perhaps contacting the CPW officer (Peter B????) as he may likely know where to find them althouugh he may be hard to reach as i've talked to him twice this season. Good luck on the moose. We've had very minimal bugling so far per every hunter I've talked to.....although I did have one bugle right after it was too dark to shoot and they came 20 yds from me and I could barely even see my peep.

I saw two moose below buttermilk this morning. One bull and one cow, doesn’t really help but they are around.

I ran into some hunters that saw a moose and got a short video of it on Tuesday morning and they showed it to me. PM me if you'd like more info. It was not a very big bull so not sure if you are wanting to hold out for a "big" one.

Hi all just got back been in contact with Peter Boyette he is new to the area needless to say I took a real nice moose 7 days in way up high lots of bulls he scored 48 1/2 across and 6 7/8 beams at the choke real pleased there were even bigger bruisers in there too far back to haul out also coloelkman pm me if you want some input I saw a lot of elk in a few select spots also ran into some real good people in the area

D6355880-1E0D-4E89-B9B5-1FA3A4C8ADEB.jpeg

01D177B7-536D-49FD-8BEB-C88199BCC70D.jpeg

4B81E277-B50F-4A0E-868C-FA662A336BA4.jpeg

Also if you all are in Meredith can’t say enough nice things about Mary Lou and Larry wooly they own the cold storage in town helped me out a lot send them some business let’s support the locals been there since the 60s and anyone needing help with a drop camp call d and g outfitters dale is a good guy

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom